Keep My Beersmith On My Memory Stick

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Hey them USB memory sticks that you can hang around your neck and look real I.T. cool ,I keep my Beersmith on it .

Why .
So I can use Beersmith wherever I go

1)At work Computer where the system Administrator Nazi who wont let you load programs on your work computer.

2)On the work laptop in those boring meetings .

3) On the Home computer

4)on my mates computer when i want to show my recipie ( only one)

My beersmith goes everwhere with me on my USB memory stick.

Sorry if I am preaching to the converted

Pumpy

Bloody good idea Pumps - I'm going to get one.... :D

Thanks for the support Ross!!!

Pumpy

I'm a promash man myself, but seems like a lot of you guys think beersmith is alright. Maybe I might have to get me a copy.

....and maybe even a usb stick to go with it.

vlbaby. :beer:

I get 3 nerd points

FireFox Portable with all my brew marks in it
BeerSmith
Palmers How to brew in word format

all on a stick thats on my keyring about the size of my thumbnail

Nerd central

I have a geeky USB storage watch. I got it from dick smith a couple of years ago, and it holds 128mb. It's both stylish and practical, for the discerning nerd.

(maybe I should go into writing catalogue descriptions)

Perhaps someone might like to try and incorporate usb mass storage into their party keg setup?

barfridge said:
I have a geeky USB storage watch. I got it from dick smith a couple of years ago, and it holds 128mb. It's both stylish and practical, for the discerning nerd.
[post="67361"][/post]​

I can out geek that. I have a genuine swiss army knife with 256mb memory key.

what about mounting one in the end of a mash paddle now there is something you could market to the masses

sintax69 said:
I get 3 nerd points

FireFox Portable with all my brew marks in it
BeerSmith
Palmers How to brew in word format

all on a stick thats on my keyring about the size of my thumbnail

Nerd central
[post="67358"][/post]​

Negative nerd points for MS Word format, sorry.

What about a 1Gb USB key, with a Linux Live distro (eg. SLAX or Knoppix) on it that runs Promash or BeerSmith under WINE, or runs Brewsta or iMash. The recipes could be on an NFS share somewhere else that could be references (I'm not going to mention SAMBA because that wouldn't be geeky :lol: )

Doc

Doc said:
What about a 1Gb USB key, with a Linux Live distro (eg. SLAX or Knoppix) on it that runs Promash or BeerSmith under WINE, or runs Brewsta or iMash. The recipes could be on an NFS share somewhere else that could be references (I'm not going to mention SAMBA because that wouldn't be geeky :lol: )
[post="67395"][/post]​
:beerbang: yea Brewsta :beerbang:

I reckon I deserve a geek point or two for writing a brewing app for the induhviduals out there.

what about post-it notes? not too nerdy, can fit alot of info on them (depending on size of handwriting) and they even come in a variety of colours?

Steve said:
what about post-it notes? not too nerdy, can fit alot of info on them (depending on size of handwriting) and they even come in a variety of colours?
[post="67398"][/post]​
Yeah but they go funky if you splash wort on them.

sosman said:
Doc said:
[post="67395"][/post]​
:beerbang: yea Brewsta :beerbang:

I reckon I deserve a geek point or two for writing a brewing app for the induhviduals out there.
[post="67397"][/post]​

Yep, this induhvidual appreciates having it.

Positive nerd points for Doc.

And sosman.

good point sosman - you could laminate them though?

Then they'd be a bugger to write on unless you had a real fancy pen.

Back