Kabooby's New Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh I did see Bindi's. At the moment I basically just have a fermenter with about 20l of water in the chest freezer. This sits at about 1c. It works OK but I can't leave it on or the water will eventually just get to warm. It works ok if you turn it on and off. You just have to make sure you turn it on 10min before you want a beer.

I am planning on having a resevoir and a heap of line in the bar fridge freezer. Maybe have it cycle automatically on and off. The bar fridge gets cold enough as it froze everything in it when I first turned it on.

Just need to trial a few things over the next few weeks and see what works best

Kabooby :)

You are doing pretty close to what I am thinking of attempting Kabooby. I have two bar fridges next too each other, one an all fridge with kegs and the has other glasses\cool drink and a freezer. I was thinking of running my glycol lines down into the top of the first fridge (with the beer lines) then sidewards through the walls into the freezer of the second.

The main concern is that the temperature lost through the font will be greater than the capacity of the freezer to cool. This will mean the font will cool as soon as you turn it on but get warmer until it settles on a certain temp after some time. What temp that is I don't know??

I am very interested in your results as I will be trying this sometime soon.
Pete

So when are the invites being circulated... ;)
Looks very nice mate, can't wait for the day that I can sit down and whip something up like that.

looks great Kabooby....

Unfortunately, i don't believe you'll ever get ice using a fridge as a reservior, you'll really need to invest in a gycol machine. A $1500 (for a new unit) investment might seem like a lot, but i've never regretted setting my system up properly. Guys spend more on a push bike these days. Keep an eye on Ebay & this forum, as 2nd units have come up regularly. otherwise, just settle for the condensation look & set up an air blower - cheap & effective.

cheers ross

Definately having a party when it's finished, hopefully soon.

I like the idea of having the font ice up but for me it's not worth the $1500. I'll keep an eye out and see what comes up.

Looks like it would keep it cold. I think if I spend any more money it will be to ice up the font.

I have a few more ideas I want to try first

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

Looks like it would keep it cold. I think if I spend any more money it will be to ice up the font.

I have a few more ideas I want to try first

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

i know this is not the best way to keep your taps cold, but at the moment with this hot weather i keep my taps in the keg fridge, when i want a drink just whip the tap out of the cold fridge push it on ,,pour my beer and snap it back off and into the cold fridge again, works great, not stylistic but works a treat while weve got this hot weather. try it.
cheers
fergi

Good idea Fergi. I think with my set up it would not make much difference. There would still be the font and 4m of line that need to be cooled.

Gave it agood run yesterday in 40+ heat. Just filled my resevoir with ice water and turned it off and all through the day and it worked OK.

Latest posts

Back