K&k Fermenting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootadog

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a quick question. I have 2 lager k&k brews which I racked to secondary after 3 weeks. They have been in the secondary fermenters for 1 week now. My question is do you think I could wait until the weekend to bottle which would be a total of 2 weeks in the secondary or do you think I should try to bottle one night during this week. The reason I ask is that I am pretty busy during the week to get a chance to bottle. I would have done it the weekend just gone but other things came up. They have been fermenting around 10-12deg.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have a quick question. I have 2 lager k&k brews which I racked to secondary after 3 weeks. They have been in the secondary fermenters for 1 week now. My question is do you think I could wait until the weekend to bottle which would be a total of 2 weeks in the secondary or do you think I should try to bottle one night during this week. The reason I ask is that I am pretty busy during the week to get a chance to bottle. I would have done it the weekend just gone but other things came up. They have been fermenting around 10-12deg.

Thanks in advance.

turn the fridge down to 2-3 degrees and wait until the weekend if you have not time during the week - give them a bit of a cold condition. Dont forget to bring to room temp for 48 hrs before bottling or adjust your priming sugars accordingly.
Cheers
Steve

Dont forget to bring to room temp for 48 hrs before bottling or adjust your priming sugars accordingly.
Cheers
Steve

I just bottled a lager that had been in the fridge for 6 weeks at about 3 degrees after 3 weeks primary 10-12 degrees. Pulled it out of the fridge and left the cube in the shed for a day so assume it would have come up to about 8 degrees. Will it still carbonate :unsure: only used srtandard carb drops.

Theres no need at all to adjust your priming sugar if its cold, thats just, well,... :blink:
Theres also no need to bring it up to temp before you bottle. All you need to do is pull it out the fridge, prime and bottle it, then let the bottles come up to temperature. Basically, to the same temperature it was fermented at in the first place, or slightly warmer. And 750ml of liquid will come up to temperature a hell of a lot quicker than 23L will, it has a lower thermal mass. I ferment on the low end of the reccomended temp, and carb at the upper end. eg if the yeast has a reccomended temp of 8-13, ferment at 8, carb at 13.

Champion! :icon_cheers: Now just have the long wait to sample.

Latest posts

Back