Jz The Heretic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he is more pro-starter than pro-buying-4-smackpacks-for-5-gallons, but he has to give out both options.
+1 on that one I listen quite regularly to the pod-casts for hours on end. Hopefully it wont be more of the same APA's DIPA's Belgians dribble which are so dime a dozen over there and creates something take requires something with some level of skill to brew.

ah i doesnt matter what he brews ,if we see them here the beers will all be grey imports and now we all know thats a no-no dont we.definatly would be good to see if his beers match up to all his hype though.

+1 on that one I listen quite regularly to the pod-casts for hours on end. Hopefully it wont be more of the same APA's DIPA's Belgians dribble which are so dime a dozen over there and creates something take requires something with some level of skill to brew.

You don't think a good APA, DIPA, etc requires skill to brew? Like any beer you can make a shit one but a good one requires a good brewer - and not just a shedload of hops. I'm saying this after having 2 Kiwi beers tonight (Epic pale ale and Hopwired IPA). Blown away - makes me realise we could learn a lot from our Kiwi neighbours - let alone the US when it comes to Craft beer. :eek:

You don't think a good APA, DIPA, etc requires skill to brew? Like any beer you can make a shit one but a good one requires a good brewer - and not just a shedload of hops. I'm saying this after having 2 Kiwi beers tonight (Epic pale ale and Hopwired IPA). Blown away - makes me realise we could learn a lot from our Kiwi neighbours - let alone the US when it comes to Craft beer. :eek:

After every 4 out of 5 beers I tried over my 4 day stay in Melbourne for ANHC being someone's take on either an APA or AIPA I only found only 2 to get my attention one being Murray's Spartacus which rocked at $14 a pint at Beer Delux and two Ferals Hop Hog at the Local Tap House which was ok, the rest were also rans and I had about 14 of them from different breweries.

Personally I've found Epic Pale Ale somewhat pedestrian out of the bottle would hope it be far more interesting off the tap out of a fresh keg in NZ.

I also believe copy catting APA & AIPA commercially have been done to death I find them quite limited and boring. It's a bit like lets all do light Australian lagers with POR for bittering and call it bitter or draught or premium lager or export or XXX etc and flood the market with it..... Boring what ever happened to crafting a good beer?

Latest posts

Back