Jz The Heretic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah seemed like a matter of time. Now he's really out his neck on the line!

The brewery will do well, just for the fact that 90% of it's marketing has already been done before a dough in ever took place. They'll have a massive consumer base keen and ready to take a sample.

It'd be interesting to see exactly what JZ's role would be. Whether it is 100% hands on, as is what is assumed. Or taking a more cynical/potentially realistic view, that he is a figure head to the operation and perhaps he was approached by an existing consortium to lend his name to things, do a bit if designing and marketing.

Who knows?? Will be watching this one. Hopefully next time in the states I'll get over to SF for a look-see.

It'd be interesting to see exactly what JZ's role would be. Whether it is 100% hands on, as is what is assumed. Or taking a more cynical/potentially realistic view, that he is a figure head to the operation and perhaps he was approached by an existing consortium to lend his name to things, do a bit if designing and marketing.
with his reputation you would expect he would be pretty hands on. doesnt matter who else is involved, the final product will be judged against his name. either way i'll certainly follow this with interest.
joe

I wonder if Shat the Producer will be his brew-bitch

from The Brewing Network

JZ has no plans to end his shows on the BN any time soon. We are both super excited about this project and can't wait to get started brewing. Working with JZ and along side Chad should help me make better beer. The pressure that naturally goes along with being JZ's brewer will be helped by having Chad around to bounce questions off of.

Cool, 30barrels is a big step up from homebrewing, the engineering and technology on a brewery that size is a lot more then the classic saying of its just homebrewing on a larger scale, as always very jealous. :icon_cheers:

This is both awesome and logical.

However, being a great commercial brewer and being a great home brewer are very different things.

I will be very keen to look back on this in ten years time.

What say we start a collection on AHB and send him a big roll of voile B)

from The Brewing Network

JZ has no plans to end his shows on the BN any time soon. We are both super excited about this project and can't wait to get started brewing. Working with JZ and along side Chad should help me make better beer. The pressure that naturally goes along with being JZ's brewer will be helped by having Chad around to bounce questions off of.

Gee, I shoudl have put money on that,
I always wondered what hapened, when Shat was supposedly brewing for Drakes, or someone like that, then suddenly was unemployed,
At least JZ has a lifetime of work and from what is said plenty of cash to fall back on to get the thing happeneing, I think he made millions with netscape.
hope he put some beer in cans....

Cool, 30barrels is a big step up from homebrewing, the engineering and technology on a brewery that size is a lot more then the classic saying of its just homebrewing on a larger scale, as always very jealous. :icon_cheers:

very cool, 30 barrels (is that 4800 litres ?) is not doing it by halves, i'm keen to see if it's an existing brewery or an install of a brand new plant, I'd love to build that shit :icon_drool2:

Just reading the BN forum. Seems like Heretic will be sharing premises with EJ Phair in their new Richmond brewery. Shat is the brewer for EJs and will probably we working in closely with JZ and the Heretic brewer.

From what I can gather JZ will be pretty hands on, but he may become like Sully and just be a figurehead and design the beers. Then have his minions produce it.

All very exciting, no matter what way they go. I'd like to try some when they start production. Can't see me being back in the USA anytime soon. Who wants to bring me a bomber home?

very cool, 30 barrels (is that 4800 litres ?) is not doing it by halves, i'm keen to see if it's an existing brewery or an install of a brand new plant, I'd love to build that shit :icon_drool2:

A US beer barrel (bbl) is 117 litres I'm pretty sure, so 3510 litres. Still pretty big though.

I can feel a couple of smart arse suggestions for Can you brew it coming on :p

i'm betting a Schwarz will be one of the first few brews, pales are so yesterday .. :rolleyes:

Really was expecting Jamil to announce major shares in a yeast co. He preaches big pitches enough.

FYI I'm not completely anti JZ, and have done a couple of his recipes with success. Its just that his take on pitching volume is a bit hardcore.

Sweet.

The bar will be set high. There should be plenty of scrupulous punters expecting a lineup of 50 point beers.

I like that he is looking at sour, that is definitely the major frontier left in American beer, even though there are some great ones paving the way already.

Really was expecting Jamil to announce major shares in a yeast co. He preaches big pitches enough.

FYI I'm not completely anti JZ, and have done a couple of his recipes with success. Its just that his take on pitching volume is a bit hardcore.
I think he is more pro-starter than pro-buying-4-smackpacks-for-5-gallons, but he has to give out both options.

Latest posts

Back