Just joined

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylaw60

Reaction score
Hi looking to start brewing so have joined to gain some info. Hope there are some other females here as well.

Do any of the brewing clubs in Victoria hold workshops or info days for new members to come along and learn.

You looking to go grain, extract or kit brewing?

Plenty of info about, there is a brewday / swap coming up in July in the eastern burbs (my place) but you're welcome to swing by on a prior brewday if you like, grain and grape also do a BIAB demo on weekends I believe, others are also likely to offer a demo too..

Welcome and cheers

Ed: bayside Brewers is the closest club to you I think.. But not that close really, not sure of any down your way

Thanks for the welcome, hopefully looking into wheat beers, ciders and meads, and know there is alot of cross-over information related to all forms of brewing. Wondered if a kit was the best starting point or if it is better to start with just the essentials. Hopefully get to a demo during the year
BIAB ?

BIAB = Brew In a Bag.

A method of brewing in a single vessel using a bag.

A great way to get started in All Grain brewing. Plenty of info in here to have a snoop at.

Welcome aboard

Kits can be a good start, I brewed kit beers for a couple of years before I descended into the depths of all grain brewing, I learned loads about cold side (fermentation /sanitation) during that time which was invaluable to where I've ended up.. If I had my time again, I'd do it the same I rekon.

Great hobby / addiction, loads of fun and extremely rewarding / frustrating... Mostly rewarding though :)

Welcome cherylaw60.

I'm new here too, started of as a lurker for a while, reading the threads, searching for information.

This place is an invaluable brewing resource and members are always ready to help on any level.

My brewing has improved considerably since discovering this forum (I 'only' brew kits, but it's amazing how you can improve on them, and in a big way too)

Sorry I can't offer advice about brewing clubs in Victoria, others might.

Welcome to the circuse. Cherrylaw.

There are some female brewers here...but..we dont care who you are...its all about the beer...actually...we probably dont even know the female brewers are....actually...we dont even know who the male brewers are ...

Anyway.....check this thread out if you want to visit the "Dark Side" of brewing

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/79324-designing-a-recipe/page-1

And ask questions......ask lots of questions.

We are here to help you brew great beer.

The more questions YOU ask...the more we all lesrn

Welcome aboard!

Whilst there's certainly no size fits all, I dove head-on into BIAB and AG (all-grain) brewing, rather than starting off with kits etc. I knew I was keen to pursue this as a hobby, and I had plenty of guidance from friends, family, this forum and good brewing books out there.

As you have mentioned, getting along to a demo is a great start.

Latest posts

Back