Just cracked a ESB partial honey wheat mash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicktron

Reaction score
Anyone still searching on bulk priming with honey I think I have cracked it! 2 weeks ago I bulk primed a honey wheat beer ready made wort with 225g of Tasmanian organic leatherwood honey. Did the tests and it turned out to be 6.2% alc. just cracked one open after 2 weeks bottled and the tastte is soooo good! A definate winner! You can also get a very nice aroma when you open a bottle! Absolutely love it! It kills the beez beez!

Hi mate I have a honey wheat I'm about to bottle this weekend, had a taste of the FV with FG at 1010 and it tastes very smooth with trace of honey, I've never bulk primed and this will be my first time with honey any tips I have 23.5l and been fermenting about 18-20 degrees for the past 10 days

Hi guys. The 225g of honey was used for 22 litres after leaving the trub behind. 225g of honey is based on there being 80g fermentable sugar in honey and I normally use 180g dex. I used a small container on top of a pair of pocket scales to weigh it and then put it in a saucepan and added 500ml boiled water(not boiling) to thin it out for the mix.so after the honey was added I had 22.5L all up.
I chose to use a very strong tasting honey as that was the only way I could get a decent taste and aroma from using a small amount of honey in so many litres. The beer turned out with the perfect amount of carbonation, not to fizzy, and I just love cracking these bottles open and getting a good wiff.
Hope this helps.

nicktron i see that you used the tassie honey for the bulk prime, but what honey did you use in the fermenter???

I don't like honey really but honey wheat beer is a different story

Latest posts

Back