just another 'first biab - suggestions?' thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been over 3 weeks since bottling, surely you've had one by now? good result?

Just noticed you're in Dalby.... I had the good fortune of moving back to the coast from there 9ish months ago. One of the few things I miss about Dalby is being close to Toowoomba Homebrewers, that store is awesome! I imagine you may have got your grain from there?

Gelatine won't be of much use for dropping the haze forming shit that would normally be dropped out in the kettle by something like whirlfloc. Its main use is yeast, which drops out perfectly fine on its own in the bottles anyway after a few weeks.

I prefer isinglass for yeast dropping anyway. At least it doesn't make the sediment all jelly like, and easily fluffed up/disturbed like gelatine does.

Had first one last night, quite happy with it! It has cleared considerably.

It's perhaps a bit bitter for a blonde, but i like it. It was dark (outside at a bbq) so didn't photograph the beer glass -will do next time.

re the clear bottle - I very occasionally use just one clear bottle so i can watch how it settles out. It lives in a cupboard in a stubby cooler. Minimising risk of off flavours I hope, and it's enjoyable to watch the settling process so worth it.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1475450402.418197.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1475450420.732875.jpg

I've been brewing with rainwater no additives, so far no issues. Im not keen to try town water, I hate the taste of it to be honest. We like Dalby, and yes Toowoomba shop is awesome! Did get the grain there.

Latest posts

Back