Js Amber Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the concept of grains being added to the brew in amounts they come packaged in have any merit? Which was the whole meaning behind my post.

Also, how close is the JW Carapils to the JW Caramalt?

Cheers,
Jarrad

Yes, for the coloured malts, you're dead right; whole bags. Except for perhaps the roast wheat you saw there that goes into the porter.

Not sure about caramalt/carapils. Carapils may be made specifically for MSB. Caramalt seems sweeter. Might be the same though.

Yes, for the coloured malts, you're dead right; whole bags. Except for perhaps the roast wheat you saw there that goes into the porter.

Not sure about caramalt/carapils. Carapils may be made specifically for MSB. Caramalt seems sweeter. Might be the same though.

Thanks for the reply mate. Now that you mention it, i think I have been told or read that JW Carapils is specifically made for the MSB before. Or was that the base malt was different to the commonly available? Maybe both?

Good to know that my concept of the whole bags being added wasn't off the beaten track.

Cheers,
Jarrad

Latest posts

Back