John Guest Gas Manifolds Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burchman82

Reaction score
hey guys,

was just looking for a cheap 3 way manifold for my kegerator setup and came across these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GAS-MANIFOLD-LINE-T...=item19c2efbf6f

he says that you just buy 2 or more to expand them up to whatever size you want (i want 3)
has anyone tried these or got any comments on them?
heres a photo if you cant/dont want to get onto ebay to look

I know that this is probably not important, but it looks like they are not genuine JG, as they state "The fittings are john guest style"

hmmm good pickup, didnt notice that.

Same question still applies though....

Used them on my last kegging setup, using them now on my current setup- they work well, I have no issues with them.

So no problems with the higher pressures? What do you run them up to?

I have them setup as a 4 way manifold in my Kegarator, has no probs holding the sorts of pressures needed for the "Ross Method" of forced carbing and higher. I use higher for gassing the shit out of my soda water overnight to keep the wife happy!

400kPa (psi??) Dont know, never pay much attention, the dial is right at the back of my fridge. I've had it up to that easy.

Also as stated, they're not JG, just JG style. FWIW, I also run a NRV on each line to be able to maintain different pressures in each keg. Love it!

BTW, I actually found BeerBelly (LHBS) to be cheaper than eBay. Might be wise to give Amanda a ring and see what they can do for you. IIRC, manifolds were around $9 ea, NRV about the same.

Nev

it's also 1/4" OD tubing... who the hell uses that? kinda pointless going JG I think if you have to stick one of those barbs in every socket anyway...

So no problems with the higher pressures? What do you run them up to?

I really crank it to force carb my kegs and they have no problems with it at all. I use them to cut off the gas to my serving kegs because hey, I don't want the serving pressure to get that high.

What size line do you guys use that have one of those?

I set one up with 6mm and got a small amount of pressure loss at around 240kpa.

What size line do you guys use that have one of those?

I set one up with 6mm and got a small amount of pressure loss at around 240kpa.

I found that mine would leak at that pressure unless the lines were VERY tight, you will find that they leak from the lines, not the unit itself. Once i got out the screwdriver and tightened the clamps beyond tight (bloody knuckles from slipping) i had no more issues.

ok. so what are the other options available in a budget range?

ok. so what are the other options available in a budget range?

Line splitter? Y-piece jobby and JG valves (but they are not cheap).

I have looked at aluminium compressed air fittings; doesn't apear to be a cheap option (perhaps cheaper than a bought 'homebrew application' CO2 manifold though). You can get all sorts of manifolds that JG fittings screw straight into (3/8" ?) and valves also with a 3/8" bore. Aly would stand up to Co2 but not sure about the valves.

I run 3 of these without any problems on a 5mm ID line with NRV's on each. Cheap for only $9.95 each.

Back