John Guest Fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Poppa Joe,

I have some 10mm, and I know the place where I purchase mine they have straight through connectors and reducing fittings up to almost 1 inch.

My force carb line is 10mm, beer and gas are 8mm.

Cheers
Carboy

yes, unless you buy 10mm ones.

Carboy...
I have one "In " Connector with 8mm......J. G. Fitting ..
But i have a few other 6 mm.....J.G. Fittings..
Another "BUT " I would lke to keep them all same size.....
I have to get more."In " N "Out " Connectors and fittings ..
So looks like 8 mm is the go...
I have a Temprite to fit up to Kegs It already has J.G. 8 mm Fittings.
Catch you Soon Carboy...,.Can only get a few 6 mm around here..
Thanks also TP
Cheers
PJ

Am considering lengthening my beer lines with these - Equal Straight Connector

Rather than redoing the lines from scratch which is a pain with a 3 way T font.

From the picture it seems to suggest that the lines wont quite meet up inside the fitting which might cause turbulence at the join causing CO2 to be knocked out of solution causing foaming issues.

So anyone use these for this purpose or are they recommended more for gas line extension than beer line?

I am thinking about extending the length of one of the lines to allow me to pour higher carbed lagers.

Perfect for beer DrS.

The 2 lines finish flush against a very fine divider, but this doesn't intrude into the the internal diameter, so causes minimum turbulance. Works better than barbed connectors which are the other option.

Edit: Always make sure the line internal diameter stays the same from keg to tap or gets narrower as it approaches the tap. The other way around will cause massive foaming issues.

Cheers Ross

I've had to use various JG joiners in my beer lines as the fonts I purchased from the UK had a shot length which was generally different to the beer line I purchased from Ross. I've not noticed any turbulence or knocking out of gas from the fitting.

Latest posts

Back