John Cleese And "beverage-based Genocide"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
Magical_Snap___2012.05.04_14.02___003.jpg

www.theage.com.au/entertainment/cleese-pitch-no-small-beer-20120503-1y1uy.html

Further quote from TFA:

Burson Marsteller would not confirm if Cleese was being paid by Beam Inc for his beer-related thoughts. If he was, it won't have come cheap: the website of the All American Speakers bureau says Cleese is available for ''autograph signing, endorsements and corporate events'', starting at $100,000 a pop.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/cle...l#ixzz1ts8mqICw

Wish I could get paid $100,000 just for being a twat.

The guy wrote fawlty towers and no-one actually knows what he said besides one line in a very short blog article that has bugger all context.

I'm very upset now.

Just saw an ad on the idiot box in which Cleese said "every time you buy a Canadian Club, a beer fairy dies"

600,000 pounds a yr alomony shit no wonder he charging 100k a pop how can courts justify that much really????? and super simian ur joking right? lol life of brain and holy grail are classics!!!!!!!

Yep, he's responsible for some of the best comedy ever written!

Love his work but you would think after 3 marriages he would have realised the cost of divorce.

Michael Palin's diaries are worth a read. JC's money worries go way back. Surprised he hasn't had a crack at Jenny Craig ambassador.

As a Monty Python fan, I wonder then what Cleese & Co. would think of a beer aged in a whiskey barrel...?

+1 for the Palin Diaries - sheds much light on Cleese & Idle.

68 per cent associate beer bellies with men who drink beer; and 77 per cent don't much like a beer belly.

Well that still leaves 23 per cent who might still find me attractive, although I think the numbers will drop once you remove the ones who don't like short bald men with hairy backs. :(

John Cleese And "beverage-based Genocide"

Tell him to take a silly walk.

68 per cent associate beer bellies with men who drink beer; and 77 per cent don't much like a beer belly.

Well that still leaves 23 per cent who might still find me attractive, although I think the numbers will drop once you remove the ones who don't like short bald men with hairy backs. :(
I can think of at least one community where your attractiveness just sky-rocketed.

Where do you stand on the issue of leather chaps?

I can think of at least one community where your attractiveness just sky-rocketed.

Where do you stand on the issue of leather chaps?

Well I guess we could still discuss RIMS systems, but I don't think it will have anything to do with beer.

Or during.

Monty Python really wasn't that funny. Well, I did like it. When I was 10. Ditto Fawlty Towers; farce is funny sometimes, not every episode. Give me the Young Ones or Black Books any day.

Dunno. Considering it was made in the 70s and still every episode makes me laugh, I don't think comedic genius is too strong a description. I think he did well to cap it at 122 episodes - could have drawn it out, doing the same thing and made it as funny as later episodes of Red Dwarf.

I can't argue with Young ones or Black books. There's a black books quote for almost every situation, especially from the first 2 seasons.

Every time I go to review a beer and hold it up to the light, I hear myself saying 'it's like looking through the eye of a duck.............

and sucking all the fluid from its beak'

Cleese is a legend - Python (though sharing legendary status with Gilliam, Jones, Idle, Palin and the late-Chapman), Watery Fowls and eveything between.

I love Young Ones - that era of British comedy is another generation, both generations being before my time - both equally valid and I love them and laugh them both.

Sorry, had to comment - Cleese is greater than post counts.

Goomba

Latest posts

Back