caveat brasiator
Reaction score
Magical_Snap___2012.05.04_14.02___003.jpg

www.theage.com.au/entertainment/cleese-pitch-no-small-beer-20120503-1y1uy.html

WarmBeer

Unhappy camper
Reaction score
Further quote from TFA:

Burson Marsteller would not confirm if Cleese was being paid by Beam Inc for his beer-related thoughts. If he was, it won't have come cheap: the website of the All American Speakers bureau says Cleese is available for ''autograph signing, endorsements and corporate events'', starting at $100,000 a pop.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/cle...l#ixzz1ts8mqICw
Wish I could get paid $100,000 just for being a twat.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
The guy wrote fawlty towers and no-one actually knows what he said besides one line in a very short blog article that has bugger all context.

I'm very upset now.

Liam_snorkel

كافر
Reaction score
Just saw an ad on the idiot box in which Cleese said "every time you buy a Canadian Club, a beer fairy dies"

bruce86

Reaction score
600,000 pounds a yr alomony shit no wonder he charging 100k a pop how can courts justify that much really????? and super simian ur joking right? lol life of brain and holy grail are classics!!!!!!!

Pistol

Reaction score
Yep, he's responsible for some of the best comedy ever written!

davo4772

Reaction score
Love his work but you would think after 3 marriages he would have realised the cost of divorce.

Michael Palin's diaries are worth a read. JC's money worries go way back. Surprised he hasn't had a crack at Jenny Craig ambassador.

kevo

Reaction score
As a Monty Python fan, I wonder then what Cleese & Co. would think of a beer aged in a whiskey barrel...?

+1 for the Palin Diaries - sheds much light on Cleese & Idle.

Mattress

Reaction score
68 per cent associate beer bellies with men who drink beer; and 77 per cent don't much like a beer belly.

Well that still leaves 23 per cent who might still find me attractive, although I think the numbers will drop once you remove the ones who don't like short bald men with hairy backs. :(

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
John Cleese And "beverage-based Genocide"
Tell him to take a silly walk.

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
68 per cent associate beer bellies with men who drink beer; and 77 per cent don't much like a beer belly.

Well that still leaves 23 per cent who might still find me attractive, although I think the numbers will drop once you remove the ones who don't like short bald men with hairy backs. :(
I can think of at least one community where your attractiveness just sky-rocketed.

Where do you stand on the issue of leather chaps?

Mattress

Reaction score
I can think of at least one community where your attractiveness just sky-rocketed.

Where do you stand on the issue of leather chaps?
Well I guess we could still discuss RIMS systems, but I don't think it will have anything to do with beer.

NickB

I haven't had a C**t all night, Drinkstable....
Reaction score
Or during.

super_simian

Reaction score
Monty Python really wasn't that funny. Well, I did like it. When I was 10. Ditto Fawlty Towers; farce is funny sometimes, not every episode. Give me the Young Ones or Black Books any day.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
Dunno. Considering it was made in the 70s and still every episode makes me laugh, I don't think comedic genius is too strong a description. I think he did well to cap it at 122 episodes - could have drawn it out, doing the same thing and made it as funny as later episodes of Red Dwarf.

I can't argue with Young ones or Black books. There's a black books quote for almost every situation, especially from the first 2 seasons.

Every time I go to review a beer and hold it up to the light, I hear myself saying 'it's like looking through the eye of a duck.............

and sucking all the fluid from its beak'

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
Cleese is a legend - Python (though sharing legendary status with Gilliam, Jones, Idle, Palin and the late-Chapman), Watery Fowls and eveything between.

I love Young Ones - that era of British comedy is another generation, both generations being before my time - both equally valid and I love them and laugh them both.

Sorry, had to comment - Cleese is greater than post counts.

Goomba

Latest posts