Jockey Box Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borneogoat

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying one of the Keg King jockey box kits. Got a wedding in November that wants to serve my beer. Anyone purchase one of these and have anything good or bad to say? Looks simple, but the simple things in homebrewing often are the most complicated!

http://kegking.com.au/jockey-box-magic-box-cold-plate-kit-double.html

I'm open to other kits, if anyone has any suggestions. Prefer to purchase all the components from one supplier, rather than chase bits on fleabay, etc.

They work well if you keep your kegs on ice/chilled, especially in November.

You are also meant to drain the water out of the esky and keep topping up with ice when using the aluminum plates.

I prefer the coils that Keg King have stopped selling but thats a different story ;)

I am also on a look out for a jockey box so I can start making kegs of beer for parties. After a brief research (with a bit of varying consensuses), apparently it is better to have coils (instead of plates) when kegs are at room temperature; plates are only good if the kegs are pre-chilled like what Wealsy said.

I came across one jockey box with coils/2 taps- not sure if this is any good?

joshyposhy said:
I am also on a look out for a jockey box so I can start making kegs of beer for parties. After a brief research (with a bit of varying consensuses), apparently it is better to have coils (instead of plates) when kegs are at room temperature; plates are only good if the kegs are pre-chilled like what Wealsy said.

I came across one jockey box with coils/2 taps- not sure if this is any good?
This plates vs coils is good info, thanks. I'll investigate the difference, but leaning towards coils now.

in my group we have 4 jockey boxes which comprises 7 taps. 6 of these are plates and 1 coil.

my box i built and has 1 x plate and 1 x coil in it. I don't see a difference between them.

we go camping in summer, kegs hot by day 3 and the jockey boxes do just fine either plate or coil, though we do try to keep the kegs out of the sun.

Latest posts

Back