Jesse James Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Out Nottingham yeast delivers the soft finish..."

We don't need no stinkin' proofreaders!

Edit: First law of proofreading. When it comes back from the printer your eye will immediately fall on the worst mistake.

"Out Nottingham yeast delivers the soft finish..."

We don't need no stinkin' proofreaders!

Edit: First law of proofreading. When it comes back from the printer your eye will immediately fall on the worst mistake.

Gotta hand it to those proof readers, they might be expensive, but by god they're rough :lol:

Got 30 T shirts for nix once due to them, all printed up with the words round the wrong way. Nobody wanted em, took ages to give em away.

Gotta hand it to those proof readers, they might be expensive, but by god they're rough :lol:

Got 30 T shirts for nix once due to them, all printed up with the words round the wrong way. Nobody wanted em, took ages to give em away.

I would have taken a 5xl shirt !

How much wheat (%) does a beer need to be a wheat beer ? This has 40% .. does that make this a wheat beer ?

Not being picky .. just interested. I usually put 50% in my american wheats.

I would have taken a 5xl shirt !

How much wheat (%) does a beer need to be a wheat beer ? This has 40% .. does that make this a wheat beer ?

Not being picky .. just interested. I usually put 50% in my american wheats.

Doesn't make it a Bavarian wheat, that's for sure. 40% wheat is a fair bit I suppose, but as most is barley, shouldn't it be a barley beer?

Doesn't make it a Bavarian wheat, that's for sure. 40% wheat is a fair bit I suppose, but as most is barley, shouldn't it be a barley beer?

Exactly my point. We don't go around calling beer "barley beer" now do we ! Be bloody silly !

By the way, how did the beer taste DJ ? When you say not fantastic, in what way ?

i thought that 40% wheat was the minimum for a wheat beer by german standards.

but im wrong...

its 50%

I used 2% brown malt in my last beer...

Brown beer!

Back on topic, I find it close to amazing that a keg of this beer would find its way to Tamworth.

But I suppose Jesse James would have been a country music fan.

ok i want naming rights for the Ned Kelly ale...
Captain Moonlight lager....

i had had about 7 coopers and one Stella by the time I got to it so i am a little clouded...

it was a restrained wheat beer taste from memory... sort of a hybrid between a full on orangey, spicy wheat and a generic ale...

i thought that 40% wheat was the minimum for a wheat beer by german standards.

but im wrong...

its 50%

Actually this is just a tradition, not a law, from what I've read.
My understanding is that if you don't have 50% at least there generally isn't enough of the right flavour to get the bavarian or german wheat characteristics, hence the 50% figure, but there is no rule to say that you have to have that amount...

Had this beer about 2 hrs ago. It is not the same beer as in the link posted by the OP.

It is actually home brew made locally, called Jesse James Irish Ale. (the barman told me this, and i was sober at the time)

If you can brew a coopers kit + 1kg of dex, then you too can probably emulate this fine tasting unfiltered yeast flavoured 'Irish Ale`.........(something like that)

........Just be sure to overcarb it and serve at less than 4 deg c.........

Latest posts

Back