James Squires Amber Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownegaz

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post here
I have been brewing with extracts for awhile but want to take the next step to extracts with steeped grains and then partials etc Can anyone suggest a recipe for a clone of James Squires Amber or Golden Ale I am also chasing some step by step instuctions on how to prepare everything, I have ordered John Palmers book How to Brew, I guess this will spell out what Im chasing but any suggestions here would be appreciated
Thanks for any help
Gary

Hello this is my first post here
I have been brewing with extracts for awhile but want to take the next step to extracts with steeped grains and then partials etc Can anyone suggest a recipe for a clone of James Squires Amber or Golden Ale I am also chasing some step by step instuctions on how to prepare everything, I have ordered John Palmers book How to Brew, I guess this will spell out what Im chasing but any suggestions here would be appreciated
Thanks for any help
Gary

hey mate cant help you with the amber ale but a search in google or in the forums of AHB will surely find you a kit/partial/grain version of the JSAA.
If you are looking for a JSGA clone you cant go past any of drsmurtos recipes
heres a link to to one of his versions not his best but the quickest i could find for you i would suggest searching this forum and i am sure you will find one you like.
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=45860
i would also suggest if you where to go this recipe i'd switch the sparkling ale for a coopers lager ive found this has worked best in my oppinion. and also crystal malt instead of the caramalt.
this recipe is one that ive brewed more than once and love it!
i believe i came accross a thread about this drsmurto recipe with 28 pages of comments ! so just search and im sure you will find the answers your looking for
good luck!

Back