James Squires 'ales And Tales'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waggastew

Reaction score
I am a Port Macquarie resident and there has been a James Squires 'Ales and Tales' dinner advertised in the local rag. I assume they are a standard promo event that they do from time to time (description below)? I am thinking about going, getting more interested in 'interesting beers' and also about 8 weeks away from becoming a new dad (so last hurrah is the order of the day). Anyone been? Any feedback? Worth the $50?

Cheers

Join us for an evening that will awaken
your senses and quench your thirst !
Come along to our beer and food matching dinner where
Hayden Shepherd brewer from Malt Shovel Brewery will take
us on a journey of tantalizing flavours, aromas and textures.
Hayden will provide an informative and fun evening which
will have you thinking about beer and fine dining in a whole
different light.
Enjoy 5 courses of delectable food with perfectly matched
beers for only $50.

5 Beers for $50 plus food? I'd give it a go but still curious what food was being served.

Not to mention I'd want to chat up Hayden.

Just spoke to the Wiffy and she reckons I should go (signed permission slip, woo hoo!).....might drum up a few of the locals and make it a night.

If there are any questions people would like asking then send em through. I will do my best to ask them before the 5th (6th, 7th.....) beer kicks in!

PS. Still keen to get feedback from anyone who has been to this/something similar elsewhere

Sounds like the right vibe. The one in Port is at a RSL'ish club so I imagine the deep fryer will get a work out! 1st course might be 'Amber Ale and $20 through the card machines'

I did one of these a few years ago down in Melbourne. Now I won a double pass - so can't really comment on value too much but the wife and I had a good time.

Food was good, beer was good and I got plenty of time to bail up a few of the brewers.

I would do it again I reckon.

Cheers

brendo

$50 is a freakin' bargain. Last time I did a wine and beef night, it was $390 a head. Good, but result was the same as yours will be - replete with food and a slight alchoholic buzz.

Its always the way you move away and ya get the green light,Wauchope boy have a cracka. :party:

Latest posts

Back