James Squire Hop Thief

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried it on tap at the Squire Bar in Melbourne! It is quite bitter but YUMMY! I went back for more! And looking forward to it being available just down the road from my work! I couldnt pick the hop!

If you like passionfruit smacking you in the face, you'll love this one (well, presuming it's the same as last time I tried it)

Yep, that rings true of the one I had maybe 2 years ago? Very fruity and floral.

I liked it.

Anyone know if this is on tap at James Squire in Sydney yet?

It does not mention it on the website but it does not on the Melbourne one either and it was on tap there last week. So Im guessing it would be. Im sad I missed the Highwayman!

Easy enough - I just picked up the phone and asked if its on tap there now (ie Sydney JS Brewhouse), the answer was....

"ABSOLUTELY"

So there ya go, Sydneysiders. Ready to drink now, down at the wharf.

mmmmm, I might have to get the wife to meet me there for lunch after work on Saturday...

I have a six pack sitting at my desk..

I wish it was 5pm...

DJ.....Where did you get it from???

I might swing by Camperdown cellars today on a roundabout route to the shops.

Anyone know if this is on tap at James Squire in Sydney yet?
Had a pint there on Saturday night. Quite nice. Was slightly more bitter than what I was expecting, but that was in no way a bad thing. Will def pick up a case.

DJ.....Where did you get it from???

I might swing by Camperdown cellars today on a roundabout route to the shops.
my brother is a rep for a wine company so goes to alot of bottlo's.. not sure which one though...

Got it.

Camperdown cellars was a bust, the Parramatta Rd store was meant to get some yesterday, it didn't show......They are sure they will have it soon.

BUT

Vinatge cellars on Parramatta Rd in Stanmore has it, I grabbed a case and there is probably another 5 or 6 there.

It is quite bitter, there's a fruity taste too, can't quite identify it yet, might need some more sampling....

Had 2 last night from the bottle...

hard to describe but I thought it had a nice bitterness that wasnt backed up by any hop flavour.. a sort of nothing bitterness...

Nice, but not outstanding...

Picked up a 6pack today and having the first glass right now. Definate Passionfruit & Citrus with a sweet malt aftertaste. Haven't got the vocabulary when it comes to describing beer sorry, but those flavours definately stand out. I like it enough to go and buy a ctn.

:icon_cheers:

Picked up a 6 pack at Cellarbrations in Crows Nest this arvo.....waiting to get home this arvo and give it a try :icon_cheers:

Im counting down the hours until I get home from work, theres three of these in the fridge (neighbour threw a couple my way last night!)

I heard from my mate at First Choice that they have stacks of Hopthief in their storeroom, but can't sell it yet as they have not been given pricing!

He said this would be the same at all First Choice stores

My neighbour got his from first choice.

But he works there :)

Back