James Squire Hop Thief $$$$ I was robbed alright&

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Byran said:
. I actually dont mind a normal boring beer when I go to the pub cause I dont get to drink that stuff at home.
I just don't know what to make of this comment.

I'm going to hazard a guess that bum is trying to draw attention to the fact the the price difference is only 2 dollars, therefore, maybe not such a big deal?

However, no one likes to pay more than they have to right bum?

1. invite your mates round
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kRqnfsBEc
3. sexyfuntime

Liam_snorkel said:
I paid $5.20 for a schooner of XXXX Gold on friday, and then $22 for the absolute worst chicken parmigiana I've ever tried to eat. Quick, better start a thread!

EDIT: just mucking around. But seriously, Robina Tavern - the place is f***ed.
Pig & Whistle all the way! They start serving beer at 9am :lol:

oh, I was only passing through on the way down the coast, stopped because my travelling companions didn't like sitting in traffic (ungrateful bastards - I was the driver!)

I stoped at a "Steakhouse" once on the GC south end.....Something like Steatsons...Any way $20ea latter we where presented with our Steak and salad. .....steak was basically minute steak and the salad consisted of 1 tomatoe cut in quarters, some shreaded lettuce and gratted cheese.....no dressing....

I paid near $25 for a bottle of water and two mid strength Bundy's at the Black Sabbath conset. Dear shout in my book by any measure.

We'd already had plenty of drugs and beer in the hotel room though, so the joke was on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ejaEnjRC4k

Ducatiboy stu said:
I stoped at a "Steakhouse" once on the GC south end.....Something like Steatsons...Any way $20ea latter we where presented with our Steak and salad. .....steak was basically minute steak and the salad consisted of 1 tomatoe cut in quarters, some shreaded lettuce and gratted cheese.....no dressing....
I miss Stetsons :(

Dave70 said:
I paid near $25 for a bottle of water and two mid strength Bundy's at the Black Sabbath conset. Dear shout in my book by any measure.

We'd already had plenty of drugs and beer in the hotel room though, so the joke was on them.
Mmm...memories of seeing Motorhead at the Horden....oh to be 20 again....some of those "substances" are no longer available...

Dave70 said:

Dave,you forgot the most important thing for any concert :D http://www.thebeerbelly.com/

Move to adelaide. Beer prices are reasonable. My local (independent) does a happy hour 4:30 till 6. $3.50 pint of light, everything else is $4.50 and that includes tooheys old, which i havent seen anywhere else on tap. I have a light then switch to old. Fun times. $7.50 for an IMPERIAL pint of guinness.

As for perth prices, well all i can say is id be sober alot more...

I think I hit the jackpot the other night, found a little bar near my place where all tap beers were $6 a schooner. Not bad when you consider the beers on tap were Vale IPA, Little Creatures Bright Ale, White Rabbit, Stone and Wood and 4 Pines el dorado IPA. oh yeah, they had Hahn Superdry too, but that doesn't count as beer.

I once payed $7 for a pot of coopers at the swan hotel in richmond. I felt so disappointed that I just payed $7 for kit twang.

Anyway little story to add to the growing thread.

About a month ago I went to tassie with some friends and a good mate of mine is really into his wine tasting and as a toll has been loving all my beers. Anyway we were at you're average pub and payed a decent price for the beer which was good and an expensive price for the shittest meal. The week before this trip we had been at my house and he'd tasted a few of my brews and inquired into the cost of batches and time it takes. Anyway he leaned over to me and says

"How about we dont go away next time. We'll just give you some money to put on beers and food and we'll go to your house. With the money we save we could spend it all on cocaine and hookers"

Dan Dan said:
I think I hit the jackpot the other night, found a little bar near my place where all tap beers were $6 a schooner. Not bad when you consider the beers on tap were Vale IPA, Little Creatures Bright Ale, White Rabbit, Stone and Wood and 4 Pines el dorado IPA. oh yeah, they had Hahn Superdry too, but that doesn't count as beer.
I know exactly the place you're talking about, great views. Those taps with 4 pines & vale rotate occasionally, they've previously had some other 4 pines beers, holgate, sunny coast brewery, and others. the food is decent too: pulled pork sliders :icon_drool2: and the schnitzels are massive.

Back