James Squire Brewhouse Sh*t Fight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piraterum

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I only heard today that the James Squire Brewhouse at King St Wharf in Sydney is now the King St Brewhouse & Restaurant.

Apparently the owners had a falling out with Lion Nathan and will be removing all Jame Squire products. Anyone know anything about this?

Hopefully this means brews from smaller breweries will be on tap :kooi:

cheers,

piraterum

I would guess it's a case of "contract taps" which are making news in Brisbane at the moment because they have emasculated the Platform Bar. On that thread I speculated that the contract tap "war" was about to hot up with Bluetongue now up and running - and well, here we are.
Seems to be a recent development - recently I went to the Caloundra RSL (think Panthers / Dee Why size) and it's now all Fosters. The Whistle Stop Bar at Central Station - a high volume six o'clock swill place on the way to the trains - has gone all Lion. Interesting times.

I went there 2 weeks ago to catch up with a mate of mine whose been living O/S. Compared to when it was the JS Brewhouse, i'd say their beer selection has halved. They had two white rabbits, three JS's (IPA, GA & AA), two blue tounges and a Peroni.

ie: Most other pubs in the city have just as big a range of speciality beers on tap

It was a Saturday night and looking around at the dolled up 18-25 y/o's that filled the place, most of them werent even drinking beer. :rolleyes:

It was a Saturday night and looking around at the dolled up 18-25 y/o's that filled the place, most of them werent even drinking beer. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah but they're still nice to look at :D

Pacific Beverages - Coke are making a huge push.
Squires and LN fell out along time ago.
Smaller brewers are making a big dent in the big boys sales. As seen by the manipulative reporting in Melbournes Herald Sun Last week.

And all this time you blokes have been whining about the mass produced swill....you still dont seem too happy about new products or the availability of craft beers on tap.

BT Brewery has a few more things in the pipeline too.

Interesting times indeed......You dont know the half of it. And I'm not about to fill you in either.

Pacific Beverages - Coke are making a huge push.
BT Brewery has a few more things in the pipeline too.

Interesting times indeed......You dont know the half of it. And I'm not about to fill you in either.

Yes, reading of their site and info revealed during their building phase indicates that they aren't all mega brews, they have a "pilot sized" brewery inside the complex as well that could well turn out some surprising brews. Looking forward to it, could be the new equivalent of Montieths Aus style maybe? :icon_cheers:

Thanks for the link Earle

I did a search, but as we all know the search function on this forum is pretty useless

cheers,

piraterum

Latest posts

Back