"meet The Brewers" At James Squires Brewhouse (sydney)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone else going to the "Meet the Brewers" at the James Squire Brewhouse in Sydney tonight?

The spiel is -

During the course of the event, you will get to chat to our brewers and Chuck Hahn will present a couple of our beers sampled to some fine canaps. Please note that this is a tasting event not a dinner occasion, so why not make it an evening and stay on at the James Squire Brewhouse and Restaurant for a great meal.

Yes, there is more! You will also be one of the first lucky people to sample our new James Squire Limited Release. Brewed just in time to help keep you warm for the long, cold winter nights;

James Squire Pepperberry Winter Ale

FYI - Tonights event required pre-registration.

I would definately recommend going to anyone that is interested.

I was in Sydney late last month for my brother farewell at the James Squire Brewhouse.

I managed to talk myself into an 'Unofficial Tour' of the Brewery. Their set-up is awesome and the staff and brewers are both highly knowledgeable and helpful.

I have attached a few pics from my tour;

21062008149__Large_.jpg

21062008150__Large_.jpg

21062008151__Large_.jpg

21062008152__Large_.jpg

21062008153__Large_.jpg

How was the perpperberry winter ale?

The function last night was good, even if I couldn't taste anything because I had a cold (still, I couldn't pass up free beer/food). The menu was -
Golden Ale + battered/fried prawns
Amber Ale + lamb chops
Porter + Choc mousse
Pepperberry ale

The beer was flowing pretty well and the food was tasty.

The Pepperberry Ale was full bodied and... umm... thats all I can say. Damn cold! :icon_offtopic: I just wanted to chop my nose off and let the snot run free.

Chuck mentioned that the Golden Ale is about 30% wheat.

My lovely wife picked up some Pepperberry Ale from First Choice at North Rocks (Sydney) this arvo.
Just cracked one and it has a really nice deep jarrah hue as described on the bottle.
It is sorta English Strong in that there are hints of raisin and stone fruit, but there is a nice residual sweetness too without being too sweet or cloying.
It is a lovely winter beer. Well done to the JS brewers. Getting a bit of cred back after letting the Australian Strong Ale go down hill and then disappear.

Doc

Back