James Squire 150 Lashes Pa Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for those links, gives me plenty of ideas to pick from

Try this link. 150 lashes hops are Aust Willamette, NZ Nelson Sauvin & US Amarillo

Last edited by a moderator:
hey jake, noticed you are drinking a Squire Golden Ale clone. just curious on the recipe, I've done a couple that were pretty decent, but if yours is spot on, I'd love to try it.

cheers
Hey i cracked this open tonight at 6 days bottle conditioned and already has a great head and colour and tastes absoloutly fantastic. 2 more weeks and it will be AMAZING.!! As for the recipe, this was the lashes recipe i came up with above but as for the colour and nutty flavours i decided to clone to golden ale instead and i think i made the right decision.

I second that, I would be keen for a golden ale clone recipe

As just stated use the recipe about but i would say take out the very first PoR addition and bump the crystal up by 50g. That is all and it will be perfect. You will need that tiny bit of dark malt just to colour the brew so add it at the start of the process.

sic_vl said:
Heres the one I found. and ill make this one myself as is almost. I think ill cut the 0 minute hop additions down to maybe 5gm each, otherwise the aroma might be a little overpowering.

JS Lashes Ale

Coopers Pale Ale/OS draught can
1.5kg Tin Wheat Malt
200gm LDM
200gm crystal malt
5g Amarillo 5g Nelson 5g casacde @ 15 mins
5g Amarillo 5g Nelson 5g casacde @ 5 mins
15g Amarillo 15g Nelson 15g Cascade @ 0 min. steep for 30 mins
US-05
23 Litres

as always everyone has their own opinion on how its made.
Im thinking of giving this one a go this weekend. Im just curious, how long was your boil time and how long did you steep your grains and at what temperature?

cheers

Latest posts

Back