Isb Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Barls 1x ale 1x pils
2. Pumpy 1X BB ale 1X WPils 1X WeyMunich
3. gulpa 2xWeyBoPils, 1xWeyMunich1, 1xBBale
4. oldbugman 1-2 bags
5. whatswrongwith 2 bags
6. killerrx4 2x BB ale, 1x BB wheat, 1x Wey munich1, 2x maris otter. Split bags?> 12.5kg BB med crystal, 12.5kg bairds torrified wheat.
7. mvzoom 1xale
8. floppinab 1xBB or local ale, 1x Wey Pils, the other half of crozdogs wheat, plus 1 half Wey Munich
9. mikem108 1xw munich
10. crozdog bag of JWM ale, 1 of Weyyerman vienna & possible half - 1 bag of JWM wheat
11. thomo 1x munich
12. kabooby 1xbb ale 1x 1/2 bag of Wey dark munich
13. redb : 1xbb ale, 1xWeyyerman munich
14. masher : 1 x wey prem pils, 1 x BB ale
15. Stuster: 1 x BB ale, 1 x BB pale, half wey munich, half wey mun. dark
16. Hogan: 1 x Wey. Dark Munich, 1 x Wey. Premium Pilsner

Just convinced myself to get more malt that I dont need :p

Added half bag of Wey dark munich. Anyone else want the other half?

I'll take more malt I don't need too. :D

just a point of note, according to craftbrewers webpage, they sell bulk :
Barret Burston, Bairds, & Weyermann (excluding rice gulls). ie no jw

local suppliers have jw & esb also have bb, b & w but not sure of pricing.

stuster any response from locals re above, keeping in mind that pickup
from Peakhurst/Bankstown/??? would avoid freight charges ....

cheers

Ok, I've contacted Dave at North Sydney and Ross and the prices are almost identical overall including discounts and freight. There is a difference in local malts supplied, with Dave having Joe White malts and Ross having Barret Burston malt. One advantage of Dave is that he can deliver it to a couple of places and keep a few bags in his shop for anybody who couldn't come to collect the grains on the day. Personally, I think we should support the local guy (no offence Ross) but what does everyone else think?

You're probably right, Ross. I've only used BB once, ages ago. I'm fairly happy with JW. In fact, most of the buy is going to be Weyermann malts. It's totally up to the majority though, just hope the majority get here quickly and decide what they want so that I can get on with ordering the stuff before the price rises. :eek: :lol:

Personally I would much rather BB over JW but who cares, lets get it on. I am from out of town and will be travelling into pick up so if someone can host and give bank details we can get this thing mov'in.

I think it is great to support the local and I have got a lot of praise for Ross. Personally I was looking forward to trying the BB ale malt, have heard great things about it.

Dont want to throw a spanner in the works though so whatever is easier.

The BB stuff is great, both Ale and Pale (Pilsner)
So is there a price list for this stuff? or do we have to choose a supplier first? We only got a few days before the price rise boys!

I've worked out the prices for both Ross and Dave and they're almost the same. (All figures are guidelines only. Dave's include a discount, Ross' include a bit extra per bag for freight.) The local malts are slightly cheaper with Ross ($43 for BB with Ross compared to $48 for JW with Dave), Weyermann are cheaper with Dave (about $62 with Dave instead of $69 with Ross). I'd also like to try the BB malts, though the delivery through Dave is slightly easier. Anyway, how about I give it till the end of today to make a decision on this and then we'll run with one or the other. As masher says, time is of the essence here.

Edit: Looks like we can get any Weyermann malts we want (within reason).

Second Edit: If we go with Ross, we need somebody to be the drop off point for the malts. I can't really see that I can do that, so who's willing to be the drop off point? We should be able to get it dropped off on a Friday and have everybody come to pick it up the next day. Sound ok?? :huh:

1. Barls 1x ale 1x pils
4. oldbugman 1-2 bags
5. whatswrongwith 2 bags
6. killerrx4 2x BB ale, 1x BB wheat, 1x Wey munich1, 2x maris otter. Split bags?> 12.5kg BB med crystal, 12.5kg bairds torrified wheat.
7. mvzoom 1xale
8. floppinab 1xBB or local ale, 1x Wey Pils, the other half of crozdogs wheat, plus 1 half Wey Munich
9. mikem108 1xw munich
10. crozdog bag of JWM ale, 1 of Weyyerman vienna & possible half - 1 bag of JWM wheat
11. thomo 1x munich
12. kabooby 1xbb ale 1x 1/2 bag of Wey dark munich (Someone is welcome to the other half)
15. Stuster: 1 x BB ale, 1 x BB pale, other half of floppinab's wey munich
17. Alewife: 1 x Wey. Munich I, 1 x Baird's MO, dependent on price & pickup location

1. Barls 1x ale 1x pils
4. oldbugman 1-2 bags
5. whatswrongwith 1 x BB Ale
7. mvzoom 1xale
9. mikem108 1xw munich
11. thomo 1x munich
12. kabooby 1xbb ale 1x 1/2 bag of Wey dark munich (Someone is welcome to the other half)
15. Stuster: 1 x BB ale, 1 x BB pale, other half of floppinab's wey munich
17. Alewife: 1 x Wey. Munich I, 1 x Baird's MO, dependent on price & pickup location

1. Barls 1x ale 1x pils
4. oldbugman 1-2 bags
5. whatswrongwith 1 x BB ale
7. mvzoom 1xale
9. mikem108 1xw munich
11. thomo 1x munich
12. kabooby 1xbb ale 1x 1/2 bag of Wey dark munich
15. Stuster: 1 x BB ale, 1 x BB pale, half wey munich, half wey mun. dark

Updated some missed info

At the moment we have

15.5 bags of BB
17.5 bags of Wey
2.5 bags of Bairds
2 bags of JW

I would rather pay $43 for BB than $48 for JW. Especially when its on Special with Gary ATM for $52 delivered.

Is it possible to get a few more bags between us and get it from Ross and Dave? We could get the BB and bairds from Ross and the Wey and JW from Dave. That way everone is getting a piece of the pie

This does not include the 2 bags Old Bugmans malt as I am not sure what he wants

I have a storage facility at Narellan that would accept a delivery but it may be a bit out of the City for some

Kabooby :)

Freight has just been confirmed at $165 per pallet which makes BB ale $42.60 GST inc a bag delivered (basis 36 sacks).
Cheaper freight may well be available if you look around though.

cheers Ross

Is it possible to get a few more bags between us and get it from Ross and Dave? We could get the BB and bairds from Ross and the Wey and JW from Dave. That way everone is getting a piece of the pie

That sounds like a great idea, kabooby. Only need a few more bags to make this possible. Should be fine actually. Might be good to get a couple of bags of BB ale malt for the big brew day anyway. I've put the JW malts down as BB malt for now as I know at least crozdog is fine with that. Anybody not fine with that and only want JW?

For the MO buyers, the best price is from Ross of around $59 inc. freight.

Killerrx4 - see you want half bag of crystal. Would you be interested in going halves in a bag of Bairds med crystal?

So looks like 17 bags from Dave and 19 bags from Ross. Need a few more to make the orders work. Anybody who's undecided remember that the malt prices are going to rise soon so order now and save, save, save. :D

Killerrx4 - see you want half bag of crystal. Would you be interested in going halves in a bag of Bairds med crystal?

Yep bairds is fine, lets split that.

Anyone in for 1/2 bag torrified wheat?

Can you get prices listed for the remaining grains? I might have to ammend my quantity by the look of it.

Can you get prices listed for the remaining grains? I might have to amend my quantity by the look of it.

Which ones have I missed Killer RX4. The Weyermann ones will be around $64 for base grains, more like $80 for specialty grains. For the BB and Bairds malts, have a look at this page on Craftbrewer and add $7-8 for freight now (might end up being around that if we go for the split between Ross and Dave which will give us the most flexibility).

I'll be in for 1xBB Ale and 1xMO. Anyone interested in splitting a bag of smoked malt (or two/three other 1/4s)?

I would be in for a bag of Wey Pils from Dave (pick up issues otherwise) if this is still open

im happy to get which ever grain makes the order work so im happy to go with the flow. i might be able to organize a place for it to be delivered at work but ill have to check, if not im home from 1 on fridays so i might be able to be home if the work option falls through

Latest posts

Back