Isb Aug/sept Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
so whens the next one?
will there be one before i go to the states at the end of sept?
i got some 1.5L bottles that were given to me that need drinking

30 Aug or thereafter is good for me. Should we try some home smoked malt for a rauchbier or smoked mild?

sounds good. hmmmmm home smoked

Or maybe with the braggot we should do an amber. I dunno - too many choices - red ale, smoked porter, oatmeal stout, altbier, bock...

You guys have come so far since I first kicked off this club! - Not that anyone would remember me by now bwahaha.

You guys have come so far since I first kicked off this club! - Not that anyone would remember me by now bwahaha.

hey fella! How could we forget you :beerbang: hows things?
Cheers
Steve

How about a steinbeer, too short notice and needs some planning I know. We need to get the rocks and a stainless basket to hold them in,something to heat them with, but the Barls mega burner should be able to take care of that :D

Having listened to Graham Sanders I understand that 300 gm stones drawn from stone quarried deep down so that there is no moisture, work best. Maybe a longer term project since we will have to manufacture a furnace.

the Barls mega burner

After it's maiden outing at my place, shouldn't that be the "Barls Concrete Cracker" ? Cause of that experience the rock choice would be important - no river rocks :excl: .

The State competition which Stu has been organising (with a bit of help occasionally from Trev & I) is being held on the 6th & 7th of Sept would be a good vehicle for the next meeting - 2 days of beers and beer talk - does it get any better?

edit: added comp info

:icon_drool2: A marathon on beer evaluation is how I see it, can't wait. Need any help with the organising?

Not to bad actually thanks Steve, been back on the beers for a while. But still away from brewing.

Am considering comming back into it on a smallish scale, sort of miss my old American Pale Ales and Pils's ect.

Your allowed to drink beers again Drew ?? If your not brewing, better update your sig :)

After it's maiden outing at my place, shouldn't that be the "Barls Concrete Cracker" ? Cause of that experience the rock choice would be important - no river rocks :excl: .
awwww come on guys it did the job didn't it????
besides i apologized didn't i????
could be fun though maybe after a few bottles of the braggot

I'm glad how the story has evolved and there is no mention of my meddling with kind words of encouragment to open the air intake.

6th and 7th Sept is probably no good for me as i have commitments for Fathers day that weekend. Maybe we could do the steinbeer thing one other weekend in Sept though?

I don't have any fermenter set up here at all but i'm sure i could twist my own arm with some creative cube input :)

6th and 7th Sept is probably no good for me as i have commitments for Fathers day that weekend. Maybe we could do the steinbeer thing one other weekend in Sept though?

I don't have any fermenter set up here at all but i'm sure i could twist my own arm with some creative cube input :)
Hi Ben, sounds like you are back in Sydney now. Is that right? Better change your preferences if you are ;-0

Hi Ben, sounds like you are back in Sydney now. Is that right? Better change your preferences if you are ;-0

Good point!

Just remembered i have a wedding to attend the next week 13/14 Sep... so 20/21 Sep is looking good if we all want to do something then

21st sounds alright to me!
anyone else???

put me down for a maybe

ps. Barls do you want some empty Murrays Long necks, I know you have that corking machine.

Latest posts

Back