Is your craft beer actually 'craft'? What the big brewers don&

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, Kirin actually (Lion is owned by Kirin).

Kirkegaard added: "The largest breweries have all of the advantages in terms of scale, cost, distribution and marketing and now they want to also take the advantages of being seen as being small and boutique, which is really the only advantage that the small breweries have over them."
Um, I'd say flavour would be right up there as an advantage that craft breweries have over the mega-breweries. Just my opinion, of course.

WitWonder said:
No, Kirin actually (Lion is owned by Kirin).

Um, I'd say flavour would be right up there as an advantage that craft breweries have over the mega-breweries. Just my opinion, of course.
and Kirin is owned by Mitsubishi

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
So Magnum becomes Magna if they brew with that hop.
Magna is no longer made, might have to be a Mirage.

this is all over the news lately. i suppose it's a very good thing. i've seen multiple channels report it and on websites also.

why did they just start recognizing this recently?

fletcher said:
this is all over the news lately. i suppose it's a very good thing. i've seen multiple channels report it and on websites also.

The hipsters rising up through the reporter ranks want to seem relevant, i guess

sp0rk said:
The hipsters rising up through the reporter ranks want to seem relevant, i guess
yeah i guess it's good for those who have zero idea. i'll admit to being like that a few years back. not so since brewing because i've been interested and around the craft for a while. if it rustles a few hipster feathers and gets more of them enjoying and supporting our actual craft brewers then i can't be a bad thing in my opinion

fletcher said:

Because Choice did an article on Aus Day about it. Not sure why it took so long to get reported.

Is it just me, or does the 'craft brewing' industry seem to be constantly moaning and sniping?

Indecently, I'll take a Yak or LCPA over any of 4 Pines offerings.

Dave70 said:
I'll take a Yak or LCPA over any of 4 Pines offerings.
Interesting. I had a 4 pines pale ale the other day and thought it was quite good. Not such a fan of their Kolsch or Hefe though.

JD

All my craft beer is actually craft... I make it myself.

I'm a bit of a fan of the 4 Pines stout, kolsch and pale ale, great beers imo. I'll take any of them over a fat yak, but I would take a yak any day over a vb.

My sliding scale of flavour.

JDW81 said:
Interesting. I had a 4 pines pale ale the other day and thought it was quite good. Not such a fan of their Kolsch or Hefe though.

JD
For the record, they're the only two I've sampled. Both from Dans. Its fair to assume I guess, neither one benefited from extended maturation sitting on a pallet jack in the sun.

By the way, I prefer the term 'artisan brewer'.
"Craftbrewer' makes me sound all corporate 'n' high fallootin.
Not to mention the scrapbooking / bedazzler overtones.

4 pines I've had the esb and kölsch fairly fresh from my local bws that seems to move them rather fast. Like the kölsch and love the esb. Probably do with a touch more bitterness in the esb but I'll have it as it is.

Latest posts

Back