Is This A Hop Vine? Chinook?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as fertilising goes, be mindful if you're using a good potting mix it already has a lot of that in there.

I have three growing (sort of). My hallertau is going birko at the moment and has many shoots going in all sorts of directions. The cascade one has a little shoot that has sprouted some flowers and not done anything else in a week, and the chinook one.... no signs of life whatsoever.

Maybe some fertilizer? Ideas? p.s. they are getting plenty of sun and water.

I have three growing (sort of). My hallertau is going birko at the moment and has many shoots going in all sorts of directions. The cascade one has a little shoot that has sprouted some flowers and not done anything else in a week, and the chinook one.... no signs of life whatsoever.

Maybe some fertilizer? Ideas? p.s. they are getting plenty of sun and water.

Will have to check when I get home, but I have one thats has done absolutely nothing as well. Have a feeling its a chinook too. As for fertilizer, mine get good ol' charlie carp once a week and I'll spread some dried and crushed cow shite around them next week. My Mt hood is going gangbusters - I swear it starts eyeing me off if I stand still for too long around it :lol:

I've seen it around before but basically nitrogen is great for growing leaves, but its bad for growing cones, it can reduce your cones oil production apparently; and potassium is great for cones.

Back