Is My Kk Reg Relief Valve Faulty?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Ive just setup my KK co2 reg and keg to have a play around (The kegs filled with water) But when I squeeze the trigger on the fire extinguisher the relief valve pulsates, farts, vibrates, whatever you want to call it.

Does this mean the valve is stuffed or have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

Once I had connected it all up it stopped pulsing. I didnt have the gas line on the keg yet and was just playing around with it. All good.

Were you talking about the Pressure-relief-valve on the keg If so is it s a KK style new lid and/or PVR. Because the PRVs that they supply are only rated to 200KPa i believe but they sell an upgrade spring that sets it at 300-350KPa (well that was the the case last time i bought one 6months ago)

If its on the reg you may have problems as it should be set higher then 400-500KPa and with the reg set at well bellow that on the LP side it should never go off

when i tried force carbing with a KK reg using a fire X it blew gas out the safety valve on the reg

swapped to a better reg for force carbing on the fire X and no more drama

try turning down the pressure (or up) on the reg

using my normal gas bottle on the KK reg is no drama pushing beer

I meant the PRV on the actual regulator. But once I had connected the gas line up to the keg it stopped playing up.

Latest posts

Back