• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Is it taboo to advertise a non-brewing item for sale here?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New_guy

Reaction score
Don't want to do the wrong thing - am I allowed to advertise a non-brewing item ?

Thanks

I'm sure I've seen many things advertised so I don't think it is

I'm sure one of the Mods will give you a clear answer but I think you should be alright. It won't matter what it is, a homebrewer will find some way to convert it to a brewing related item.

New guy,
It is a bit unclear however for all intents and purposes we should refer to rule 10 which says unrelated material should receive prior approval from admin.
I would email or pm Austin Brad or Andrew with all the details.
Good luck with your sale

Creative advertising:
  • For sale, 1 dozen empty stubbies, $5000 ono, delivered in a 2006 commodore which is yours to keep.
  • For sale, one dozen golf club shaped mash paddles.
  • For sale, one clock for the brew shed.
OK, last one probably a bit of a stretch.....

They're not fancy Italian leather shoes by any chance?

TSMill said:
Creative advertising:
  • For sale, one clock for the brew shed.
OK, last one probably a bit of a stretch.....
Just be more creative -

For sale - one mash/boil/hop addition timing device

Camo6 said:
They're not fancy Italian leather shoes by any chance?
Hahaha - I remember that one. :D

I also recall those taking the pis$ on that one being chastised for not being a member for as long as the member who posted the shoe advertisement. :rolleyes:

If it hasn't already happened, I think a Mod should give a clear call on this. Somehow related to brewing, no worries to sell here IMHO.

Italian leather shoes etc. - no go.

Not even custom made, leather brew shoes?

TSMill said:
Not even custom made, leather brew shoes?
They were the type with all the little holes on the front of the shoe - could have been used as some sort of filtration perhaps...

I have locked this topic.
The OP has been given the advice he asked and even though some of the comments are funny they are off topic in Buy and Sell Marketplace

I've debated adding a non brewing classifieds so people could sell other things. Let me discuss it witht he mods.

Anyone need Pogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back