Is Belgium Cherry Lambic The Worst Beer You Can Drink

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill also point out that cantillion has two ranges, the normal cantillion range and the lou pepe. if you want something really sour try the lou pepe.
if you want something tamer try ether rose de gambrinus by cantillion or the ode bruin by ether liefmans or beersel

I'll admit that I had a Cantillion Kriek and to my taste buds it was the worst beer I have ever tried. I don't like VB but I can drink it. The kriek I had to tip...

WOW.. cant believe this thread got dug up...

Considering I started it all the years ago :)

Not much to add, but Yes. Worst beer ever.

Or a radler, but thats another argument altogether.

I'd put this beer in my top 5, easy. Exquisite. I've had it 3 times and each time was a near-religious experience. Sitting on a bottle of this for a couple of hours is perhaps the best way one can spend their time.

Cantillion Kriek, one of the best beers I've ever had, better young IMO, age seems to tame the souness in this beer. I thought it worked the other way, dunno, know shit all about em'
Floris Kriek, one of the worst

Broke my Kriek cherry the other night. Thought it was lovely. Sour/Cherry/Beer. Gorgeous. Sure there must be a very mixed experience in terms of what arrives in Oz as Kriek, will have to recheck the label on whatever it was I had.
*Looking back through the thread reminded me - it was this one - Mort Subite - bloody bonza is was too - i don't mind sour, sour is good if done right.

Digging this thread up to ask if anyone knows where you can score Gueuze in Eastern Sydney? My French buddies are always raving about it as the only good thing about Belgium (well the best thing in front of all the other Belgian beers) but Belgium is shit, Geueze is lovely seems to be the consensus.

Belgium rocks, especially the hot chips and mayo in the paper cones. However I don't like Belgian beers, they mostly taste like trough lollies to me.
Only one I like is the Stella brewed at Leuwen. Lamot Pils wasn't too bad either but they don't make it any more.

Platinum cellars have what your after

Latest posts

Back