Irritating "drip Feed" Ads

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Have you noticed an irritating new trend in TV ads which have the following drip feed format? :

Voiceover with pictures:

Your dog has died ........... but you wouldn't know it
Your kids have a new project........... and it's a wonderful thing
You will drink too many German Beers on it .......and it will be remembered
You will reach to the stars........... and the stars will thank you.....

blah blah...

ten or twelve stupid phrases designed to grab your attention you still have NFI what the arseholes are trying to sell you - then it usually turns out to be a BankWank ad.

I am now compiling a list of drip feed ads and will only buy products or services from their competitors.

<_<

</grump>

Commercial television makes me so grumpy most of the time I have to leave the room - and I'm less than half your age and still have all of my own teeth.

bank wank hey... i love this ad. Ha! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
All ads are irritating. There are only about 1 or 2 ads a year which are vaguely informative or of interest to me.
For some time now I hit the mute button as soon as they come on. Lately, I also tend to hit the frame freeze button on the worst of the ads, such as the stupid Toyota Hybrid Camry tumbling dill brains one.
Also, all the sport, and in particular league, gets the silent treatment.

Best of all though, about 75% of our watching is from DVD, so no ads.

The only time I watch TV is for a live/sport broadcast, usually they only have time for 1 advert between goals/overs/pitstop etc, and then they usually play the same ads anyway. :)

Let's talk about the ads that are designed to be annoying so that we talk about them.

The 2 blokes with the big mouths that do Amart and Harvey Norman ads. should be staked out on anthills and their balls smothered in honey. :(

stagga.

ads posing as information/education

ie shopsmart/brandpower/medical direct or whatever, ads which tell you that 'x' brand is so much better than the rest. do yourself medically proven favour and buy it....and in the small print you can see the whole thing is sponsored by retailers of that product.

ads posing as information/education

ie shopsmart/brandpower/medical direct or whatever, ads which tell you that 'x' brand is so much better than the rest. do yourself medically proven favour and buy it....and in the small print you can see the whole thing is sponsored by retailers of that product.

Any advertisements aimed at females are going to be pretty bad. Just saying.

Latest posts

Back