Iron Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, Mark!

How much peated malt are you offering for free? ...per entrant?...and when can I get my portion?...and discuss tactics with Keith. I'll show that lad how to brew, if it kills him.

Your thoughts, Keith?: re the format of the comp. One style or open? Maybe 2 target beers? Judged in their own class, then each victor proceeds to the Best of Show round? I like it, but U should see what I drank.
I'd like to suggest the second beer, but it's a bit rude to interfere in Mark's competition, as I may be competing in "said comp".

You see, I'm thinking of a style, and I have a cunning plan.

Call me 2 discuss! * (this is for Mark, not Keith, as Mark sounds sexier on the phone. Apologies to all!)

Les :p

If there's three months to get the beers in. Then perhaps we could make two beers. One would be a style in keeping with the secret ingredient. And the second could be the brewers own concoction showing his flair for ingredient interpretation.

FWIW I love the Iron Chef for the variety of foods they make that are off the beaten track for the ingredient.

All

From the feedback in this thread I have noticed a lot interest for such a 'comp'. The original post was to gauge interest and get some ideas as to what brewers and judges would like to see. From the expressions of interest so far the comp should kick off sometime in the new year once the silliness has died down.

I will hopefully get together with MHB, Keith the beer guy, Les the Weizguy and any other Hunter brewer that would like to have input into the running/organising of such a comp.

Some of the ideas bandied about are very good so will look at all options.

No fish or any seafood will be nominated!!!

Regards

Stephen

Can we quantify the playing of Black Sabbath or Hawkwind as manditory during the brewing. I am an Ozzy fan for the Black Sabbath side over Ronnie James Dio and Hawkwind just seemed one massive concept band with little else to offer??

Maybe Floyd will could also be in and Zappa for the Wild Brews and Kyuss for a Barley Wine??

My yeast seem to like Rock n' Roll, the heavier the better...

Scotty

Scotty,

I think your idea has merit for when the event is televised.

Scott

I nominate Fuggles hops as the first ingredient.
I'm a kit guy so will watch from the sideline. Call me if you need a taster.

Come on guys... it could never be an 'iron' contest without the Backdraft music.

I can just see MHB sitting there biting into wyeat smackpack (in chairman biting capsicum style) with the theme 'Show me your fire engine' in the background... :lol:

Now this is going too far

Brent

Sounds like fun. If you are all in the same area you should get together for a brew day. All brewing at the same time in the same location.

www.burp.org

I think these guys came up with the Iron Brewer idea

I can do a pretty mean Asako Kishi impersonation from living in Japan.

But where would we find a frilly shirt and white gloves for MHB?

Scotty

..... um... the shop is in Islington. It shouldn't pose too much of a problem should the need arise... :lol:

Just need a bimbo actress to jump on the judging panel... do you want to audition for the position POL :eek:

No fish or any seafood will be nominated!!!

Regards

Stephen

I'm all for no seafood beer, but it couldn't all be bad - Potters did an oyster beer a while back that was pretty successful didn't they?

I remember reading an article in BYO magazine a while back about oyster stout - might be able to find for you Sammus

I am an Ozzy fan for the Black Sabbath side over Ronnie James Dio

blasphamy! Dio Rocks! altho both there solo careers are much better than sabath IMO :ph34r:

if you listen to fools the mob rules!

btw i heard sabath are getting back together with dio and doing a tour?

sorry to go off track, iron brewer sound like a great idea :p

-Phill

blasphamy! Dio Rocks! altho both there solo careers are much better than sabath IMO :ph34r:

-Phill

I am a post-Sabbath fan of Dio - dig the castles and the frills.

Willie Simpson did an Oyster Stout i believe with the James Squire boys I am sure. i think the oyster shell goes into the boil. A source of carbonate anyway!

Scotty

..... um... the shop is in Islington. It shouldn't pose too much of a problem should the need arise... :lol:

Just need a bimbo actress to jump on the judging panel... do you want to audition for the position POL :eek:
Off-topic, but there are plenty of bimbo's (i.e. streetwalkers) in the neighbourhood of Mark's shop. Just don't ask me to share a glass with one. I'm allergic to Hepatitis!

Seth

Latest posts

Back