Ipswich Show Beer Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ipswich Show has now finished and results are in. Despite the Show choosing some unusual(!) categories, with de-gassed, warm entries, quality still won out in the end.

Browndog scooped the pool, winning Champion, Reserve Champion, 3 x First Prize and 1 x Third Prize, and not a K&K kit amongst his entries. We may as well just have sent all the vouchers out to him in the first place and saved the Show Stewards a heap of time judging!

Hopefully, next year we might be able to get the Show to adopt BJC categories instead. At least the Draught category is going to be dropped!

Congratulations Tony and very well done!

(We will also be offering prize money for the Samford Show Beer Judging, for the 6-7 category winners and Overall Champion. No information is currently available, but we will post categories and dates as soon as we have them.)

You bloody trophy hunter BD :p Well done though :icon_chickcheers:

Glad to see your entries got there mate ;)

Cheers Ross

Yes, I was surprised to get 3 firsts and a third for 4 entries. I have to say a huge thankyou to Brewers Choice for coming on board and sponsoring the competition, hopefully with those great prizes it can go on to become one of SE QLDs major brewing competitions. On another note, I don't believe in individuals dominating competitions (regardless of what they are) year after year, so having won Champion Brewer three years in a row, I'll be stepping aside from this comp as I think it is time for someone else to take the honours. A big thanks too go to Merv and Zilla and also Janelle for running the competition, hopefully I can get on board and help out running it from now on.

cheers

Browndog

You bloody trophy hunter BD :p Well done though :icon_chickcheers:

Glad to see your entries got there mate ;)

Cheers Ross

I think BD also goes fishing with TNT :p

Cheers

Paul

Yes, I was surprised to get 3 firsts and a third for 4 entries. I have to say a huge thankyou to Brewers Choice for coming on board and sponsoring the competition, hopefully with those great prizes it can go on to become one of SE QLDs major brewing competitions. On another note, I don't believe in individuals dominating competitions (regardless of what they are) year after year, so having won Champion Brewer three years in a row, I'll be stepping aside from this comp as I think it is time for someone else to take the honours. A big thanks too go to Merv and Zilla and also Janelle for running the competition, hopefully I can get on board and help out running it from now on.

cheers

Browndog

No need to step, aside BD, just get yourself along to the Laidley brew club & teach them how good beer is made :)

Cheers Ross

cheers

Browndog
Well done mate!

Only step aside if they let you run!
Let me know if you need a hand.

Like I said before everyone knows ipswich is the brewing capital of qld!

Latest posts

Back