IPA Hops question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dago001

Move Along - Nuthin To See Here
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Brewers
I am currently brewing an IPA to use up some hops that I have had for a while. My question is, and this is asked by a novice IPA brewer, Do Citra, Chinook and Willamette go together well for late hop addittions? Going to use El Dorado as the bittering hop.
Cheers
LB

LagerBomb said:
Hi Fellow Brewers
I am currently brewing an IPA to use up some hops that I have had for a while. My question is, and this is asked by a novice IPA brewer, Do Citra, Chinook and Willamette go together well for late hop addittions? Going to use El Dorado as the bittering hop.
Cheers
LB

Chinook and Citra certainly do, not too sure on Willamette, I've never used it.

Same as Donske. Reading up it will probably be ok but might get a bit lost with chinook and citra. Is there any reason you need to use all the hops. Citra, chinook and el dorado will be awesome.

Willamette should play just fine with those two. it's not as pungent as the others but still kind of citrusy. I've used it on its own and also in combination with cascade.

Thanks fellas. Going to go with it on Liam_Snorkel recommendation, as he an awesome taste in music :super:
Cheers
LB

lukiferj said:
Same as Donske. Reading Is there any reason you need to use all the hops. Citra, chinook and el dorado will be awesome.
Only reason is I have open packets of hops that have been in the freezer for way too long. Decided to brew a few IPAs to use them up. I normally brew APAs but the IPAs will use them much quicker. Plus I just got another 3 kgs of hops in a recent bulk buy. I have about 6 kg of hops in my freezer, so I have to start using some of them.
Cheers
LB

LagerBomb said:
Only reason is I have open packets of hops that have been in the freezer for way too long. Decided to brew a few IPAs to use them up. I normally brew APAs but the IPAs will use them much quicker. Plus I just got another 3 kgs of hops in a recent bulk buy. I have about 6 kg of hops in my freezer, so I have to start using some of them.
Cheers
LB
I like your thinking. Need to use more hops so I can use the new hops I just bought. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back