Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to re-read his post, Duff... He said that the wort kits don't have the water boiled out of them, which reduced the can's quality.

I think you need to re-read his post, Duff... He said that the wort kits don't have the water boiled out of them, which reduced the can's quality.

OK then....

I'm new here. Hello and all the best to everyone.
I like beer.
I have a bar.
I like beer.

Welcome cellar_dweller. Enjoy your stay. Would love to see a picture or two of your bar in the "Show us your bar" thread.

luv your entrance and you've come to the right place.
Show us you bar :ph34r:
hehehehehe

Hi,

I am new here. (obviously)
I have just entered the world of homebrew and so far loving it.
I am keen in looking at getting into kegging and all grain brews, so if there is anyone in Perth who can give me their sage like advise that would be great.

Well anyways tgif and have a beer :p

Joe

Gday,

I just stumbled across the first issue of "Beer And Brewer" yesterday and when I rang to subscribe this morning they sent me this direction.

I have been brewing for about 7 years , mostly Kits and i am looking to get into brewing from scratch and also looking at buying a keg system, I'm sick of washing bottles!

I cant believe this place exists and i haven't found it before!!

Well this is just a hello and introduction, I'm sure you will all get to know me more as i bombard you with stupid questions tongue.gif

And Again a big thanks to the guys at Beer and Brewer for pointing me in this direction and for the awesome magazine!!

Troy

Gday,

I just stumbled across the first issue of "Beer And Brewer" yesterday and when I rang to subscribe this morning they sent me this direction.

I have been brewing for about 7 years , mostly Kits and i am looking to get into brewing from scratch and also looking at buying a keg system, I'm sick of washing bottles!

I cant believe this place exists and i haven't found it before!!

Well this is just a hello and introduction, I'm sure you will all get to know me more as i bombard you with stupid questions tongue.gif

And Again a big thanks to the guys at Beer and Brewer for pointing me in this direction and for the awesome magazine!!

Troy

Welcome Troy,

Your in the right place, Brisvegas has the best range of supplies to make great homebrew check out two of the sponsors adds at the top of the page. And some of the best brewers around, check out some of our get togethers, also you might be interested in making it to a "Good Beer Lunch" usually held first Sunday of the month at Grange.

Screwy

Ohh more details on the "Good Beer Lunch" Please!!

Troy

Ohh more details on the "Good Beer Lunch" Please!!

Troy

First Sunday of the month, usually at Fuse Bistro Kedron Brook Rd. Each month a brewery (Micro's mainly) is featured, guest speaker (usually the brewer or an industry speaker qualified to inform re the beers for the day). Beers are matched to dishes, usually 4 courses, and yes often matched with dessert. Last month Red Oak Brewery, guest speaker David Hollyoak from Redoak Brewery, and how about Chocolate tart matched with a Belgian Bitter Chocolate Stout.

PM me for the email addy if your interested.

Screwy

Hi all, I'm an AG guy and coming to you live from NZ. I do mostly lagers and a few Pale ales and APA's. Also the odd Scottish 80 -/-.

Batches are 26 litre, I use dried yeast but am ordering a first Wyeast shortly. And nice to be speaking kilos and Celcius.

Love NZ B. Saaz.

Cheers.
Paul.

Welcome Paul, do you roll your "R"'s? Hows about a location. Is malt readily available where you are.

Edit: Spling

do you roll your R's"

No, not naturally but I am trained to do so in an emergency. I live in Hamilton, an hours' drive south of Auckland.
We can get a reasonable variety of malts here but LHBS sells at between $ 7 and $ 8 a kilo crushed, so my last 26 L batch of 1.052 cost me about $ 53. I guess thats around AUS$ 45, but I have'nt seen the exchange rate for quite a while.

How does that compare with your prices ?

About to buy a sack of crushed pils for $ 120, should get 5 batches out of it plus a bit of additional malt.

Been all grain for 18 months, used to do the odd kit (no boil ) brew, and wanted to see what all the fuss was about with AG. The learning process has been greatly assisted by these forums and the helpful guys ( unisex term ;) ) on them. I use Beer Tools cause it seems to be easier to learn than the others, and I've had to learn so much software recently that I'm about all softwared out these days.

About to launch into Wyeast for the first time, hope its not too much trouble cause dried yeast is such a pleasure to use and attenuation so predictable. Mostly US 56, So4 and S-23. The latter I love.

Does anyone brew Coopers Draught ? I have a clone recipe and think I will give it a go soon. Perhaps you could post your recipe for me.

Paul.

Paul, after the latest increase in malt prices , we are paying around the $65.00 average per 25Kg. For those with a mill this equates to around AU$14.00 per batch.

Good on you for going at it at that cost, you obviously appreciate great beer :super: :super:

Good to hear from you Paul, a few expats on the AHB, so no need to feel like you're on your own. Especially after the first B'cup game - killed me.

Hamilton, havn't been there in a while - lived in Auckland for about 8 yrs (poor me!). Can you get cheaper grain up north?

Also, Craftbrewer have Marga mills for AU$100, so like NZ$112, if that helps. Uncracked grain lasts longer!

Cheers - Mike

Hi Cold..az, I'm also in NZ. You need to source you grains from Brewers Coop in Auckland. They stock about 15 differnet varities of malt. Their prices have just gone up but crushed varied between $NZ3.20/kg for Aussie Pale Malt to $NZ4.34/kg for UK Chocolate. The prices you mentioned are high.

A 25 Kg bag of crushed Weyerman Pilsner will cost about $81 and living so close to Aucklnad you could driver there and pick it up! His freight rates are pretty reasonable too.

Hops are best bought from NZ Hops Ltd.

At current exchange rates $NZ1 = $AU1 or bloody close to it.

Cheers
NZBeer

Hi Cold..az, I'm also in NZ. You need to source you grains from Brewers Coop in Auckland. They stock about 15 differnet varities of malt. Their prices have just gone up but crushed varied between $NZ3.20/kg for Aussie Pale Malt to $NZ4.34/kg for UK Chocolate. The prices you mentioned are high.

A 25 Kg bag of crushed Weyerman Pilsner will cost about $81 and living so close to Aucklnad you could driver there and pick it up! His freight rates are pretty reasonable too.

Hops are best bought from NZ Hops Ltd.

At current exchange rates $NZ1 = $AU1 or bloody close to it.

Cheers
NZBeer

You guys get going and kick things off in NZ, pretty soon you'll be having your own NI case swap. :beer:

Well I have been reading the forum for a while now and I have posted a couple of times but have dodged introducing myself, so here goes.

My name is Avit, I am a reformed non beer drinking person..... <_<

I am from Melbourne, but am currently living in sunny Manchester, England.

I have been brewing for about 6months and I am currently in the process of doing my second extract brew. i really would love to do some sort of mini mash but i think that could be stretching the relationship with the other half...

Im at work, but have nothing do do, so what better than to catch up on the forums.

Hello to all!!! Happy posting

Avit

hey guys im Skeet in adelaide

ive made a couple of pale ale brews in bottles but now have converted to 50 litre kegs.

im really only interested in either pale ale and sparkling ale recipes and tips. I only brew out of the kit and dont have the time to do mash and yeast farming.

Any help you be greatly appreciated

Skeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back