International Hot Dog Day Event July 22

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seravitae

Reaction score
Fact. Hot dogs are freaking awesome.

Fact. Ikea sells $1 hot dogs which are incredibly addictive.

Fact. July 22 is International Hot Dog Day.

If you can't piece together the rest, then you don't deserve hot dogs. Ever. Because you're a bad person.

Me and a few friends are meeting at 7pm sharp at Slacks Creek/Logan IKEA, just past the checkout/registers, where you line up for delicous hot dogs, in order to sacrifice our appetites to serve the hot dog related gods and godesses.

Vegetarians and vegans need not apply, because there's something wrong with you. Very wrong. The hot dog related gods and godesses are, and will continue to smite you for eternity, until you meet your firey hotdog-absent hell.

If you meet the above criteria (enjoy hot-doggy goodness) then feel free to join us. I'll be happy to provide you with my mobile number if you want to find us, although people can recognise me by my absurdly green and fluffy pants (you'll understand when you see them).

Cheers,

S.

ps: this is the first meeting of the brisbane chapter of the international hot dog day celebrants, this will be a yearly event.

I'm just curious if you are trying to encourage people to come or scare them away? ;)

encourage people who want to eat hot dogs, scare off everyone else!

Is this a sausage sizzle with real sausages and onions, or the fluffy insubstantial Australian version of the American so called Frankfurter? Continental Franks, at twice the price of the regular (i.e. large sized cheerios) version aren't too bad and bear some resemblance to real sausage, but I avoid the fake ones like the plague. Australia - in common with the UK - just never seemed to get to grips with producing a true hot dog.

Now a bratwurst and sauerkraut session with genuine German mustard would be good.

Neither, we are eating random swedish meat products from behind the mystery food counter. No disclaimers! (probably no meat in there either!)

I checked on the UN webpage and there is no such thing as International Hot Dog Day.

I call shenanigans on this entire event!

(And your fluffy, green pants)

I checked on the UN webpage and there is no such thing as International Hot Dog Day.

I call shenanigans on this entire event!

(And your fluffy, green pants)
But does the UN website list International Talk Like A Pirate Day? (September 19), or
Towel Day (May 25)?

because it if doesn't, then I call their credibility into question!

edit: punctuationally defective

Latest posts

Back