• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Interested -SS 400micron mesh basket for electric urn?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Roosterboy
Any updated on v2.

And how did your v1 order go.

tumi2 said:
Hi Roosterboy
Any updated on v2.

And how did your v1 order go.
Hey mate , Version 1 Brew Baskets should be on a ship on their way to us. I'm waiting for that confirmation.
There was a bit of a delay with shipping as I haven't used sea freight before.
Anyway how would you like to see the Version 1 Brew Baskets?
If I thought sea freight wasn't worth it with Version 2 the price would change so I was waiting, but no problem with getting them made.

Good to hear. A few pics would be good one you get it.

Im happy with sea freight if it's easy for you.

Yep Straya, The Version 1 baskets should be in soon. When the guys who ordered them , use them , there should be a bit more interest in Version 2 .

gotsomecraic said:
BASK;HOME.jpg20161018_211923_resized (1).jpgCan I also please jump in on the v2 version, suits me to a tee.
I will get back to you. One thing I won't use again is sea freight. Anyhow here are the V1 Baskets .

Nice work. They Look great. I bet youre keen to give one a go..

im still keen on v2 if the numbers are enough...

tumi2 said:
Nice work. They Look great. I bet youre keen to give one a go..

im still keen on v2 if the numbers are enough...
As this version is the biggest so far , I'm going to see if I can get it made in Australia. The manufacturers can make something on it when they get bigger ( like cars ) but that means
the price might change.

I ran two back to back batches with the basket on Sunday. Both were about 5.5kgs of grain, going for a 26L in the kettle and 22L in the cube.

I use my crown urn as a mash tun only and drain off into a kettle and do the boil with gas.

The first thing I noticed was the basket wasn't quite high enough to clear my concealed element (only a couple of mm too short). I doubt this would be much of an issue in a mash.

However, it fit perfectly on top of my drop in strainer (https://www.nationalhomebrew.com.au/beer/brewing-equipment-pots-and-hardware/crown-urn-drop-in-strainer). I was then able to fit 29L of strike water plus the grain on the first batch and 30L plus grain on the second. I then sparged with 5L and 6L respectively. Without the strainer you may need to reduce the strike water a little.

It worked really well! The only other thing I noticed was slightly less wort in the kettle as a result of not being able to squeeze the BIAB bag. Great bit of kit! Thanks to Roosterboy for organising!!!

Roosterboy said:
As this version is the biggest so far , I'm going to see if I can get it made in Australia. The manufacturers can make something on it when they get bigger ( like cars ) but that means
the price might change.
I'd be interested in a V2, please add me to the list.

Snaffled my basket this arvo, it suits me for my upgrade of my rig perfectly, a Brewer cannot resist upgrades or tinkering , it may not result in better beer but the oh oh yes factor cannot be ignored .
Thanks Roosterboy , well done.

Thanks Shacked and spog, I hope the Baskets make BIAB easier. Not just for using with barley and wheat but oats and rice also.

After numbers for Version 2 Brew basket. Diameter = 34.0 cm
Height = 31.0 cm
Legs = 7.0 cm
So total height including legs = 38.0 cm
Made of Stainless Steel 400 micron mesh.
Using a different supplier , they will take around 6 weeks to get to Oz. 2 weeks to make and 4 weeks at sea.
So far tumi2 , Straya , Gotsomecraic , boddingtons best and synliss are still interested.

Latest posts

Back