Insulation For Ss Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two cents, the insulation on my mash tun is heat sheild for engine bay insulation great thermo properties cheap enough from any foam & rubber shop,oh and its got good sticky contact on one side handles the heat works a treat
Cheers :)

View attachment 25814

Geez that's purdy, I know a bloke named Geoff who would have nothin but somethin like that. Noice mate, and great to hear from you.

Screwy

Geez that's purdy, I know a bloke named Geoff who would have nothin but somethin like that. Noice mate, and great to hear from you.

Screwy

Thanks screwy must be about time to catch with you and Bindi and drink some good beers
Cheers

Yes, good to hear from you stranger!

cheers

Browndog

My two cents, the insulation on my mash tun is heat sheild for engine bay insulation great thermo properties cheap enough from any foam & rubber shop,oh and its got good sticky contact on one side handles the heat works a treat
Cheers :)

View attachment 25814

Monkale,

Back from the dead hey? :p
That stuff is very, very similar to what I got from Clark rubber except that mine does not have an adhesive backing which is good because I want to be able to take mine off when I need to. :icon_cheers:

TP

Got pics of this for us Pete, sounds like a good product.

Brad

Like I said above Brad, almost a carbon copy of Monkale's but without the adhesive.

TP

DSC00220.JPG

Like I said above Brad, almost a carbon copy of Monkale's but without the adhesive.

TP

Hey TP & Monkale,

can you give me the product name it's sold under please ?

I'll get the Handbrake to grab me some next time she's in town B)

seems to be more user friendly than wrapping the aero/abelflex.

Cheers
Yard

Hey TP & Monkale,

can you give me the product name it's sold under please ?

I'll get the Handbrake to grab me some next time she's in town B)

seems to be more user friendly than wrapping the aero/abelflex.

Cheers
Yard

Yardy,

There was no product info on the roll at Clark Rubber. if you're keen to find out take a printout of one of the pics with you.
If you find out can you let me know for future reference.

TP

Has anyone tried Nitrile from Clark Rubber? Its a bit pricy at $50 for 6mm x 1m x 1.2.
Its primary use is for quietening engine noise.

TP I have the same stuff - you've got the silver lining facing away from the vessel? This is the way I thought it should go but asking the staff at Clark Rubber they said it should go with the silver lining contacting the vessel.
WitWonder,

Take a Captain at Monkale's pic in Post 40.

As I said before, it should not make much difference which way the insulation goes on if Monkale's insulation is manufactured with adhesive on the rubber side.

TP

As I said before, it should not make much difference which way the insulation goes on if Monkale's insulation is manufactured with adhesive on the rubber side.

TP

Thats because its designed to stick to the panel inside the engine bay with the foil side facing the hot engine. The guys from clark rubber were correct.

anyone in melbourne area got any tun insulation left over that I can beg, borrow, steal, bribe from you?

I think I have some foil backed insulation in my shed CM2
Yep, still there. It came of my old gas hot water service, it's 1400mm x 1300mm.
Bat style insulation with foil on one side.

sweet Razz. that would do the trick. dont suppose you come in the eastern burbs way often?

I'll PM you to take this offline and keep it on topic.

Back