Infographic: Home Brewing Methods

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iggOne

Reaction score
Hi Aussie Brewers,

I come back here to present a new design infographic about Brewing.

We created an infographic about Home Brewing Methods.

What do you think about it ?

homebrewing-methods_pierre-pernix.jpg

More info about this infographic

Looks good mate, except what do the colanders represent? I also think a non brewing person might have trouble finding the actual 'start' of the process though.

Other than that, looks funky :beer:

This info is made for Home Brewers and not for non brewing person.

Colanders representer the serveral steps when you have to filter.

:beerbang:

Looks pretty good. Of course there'll probably be some ratbag who says 'but what about X method', which I'm tempted to do myself. Mine is probably a bit of a mixture of different methods really - instead of bag and colander I use a cloth and a sieve.

Only thing is that, generally people don't boil beer kits.
Pretty cool though! Well presented. :D

iggOne said:
This info is made for Home Brewers and not for non brewing person.

:beerbang:
What's the purpose of the graphic in that case? That's not a criticism, just curious about what you'd like to communicate, given that brewers are (hopefully) already familiar with these processes.

Looks good though.

It's not I want to say actually.

I think it's destinate to Brewers in order to explain to non brewers how you make beer.

You forgot water as an ingredient? It can be added at multiple stages also.

Mushroom yeast? I'm also confused why it's called homebrew methods, there is not much about methods.

Also all your pictures are a word or two to indicate a step.. then for some reason adding sugar to a bottle is a sentence. If you want a word to indicate that step I suggest "Priming".

Are you missing a mashing step before the production of malt extract?

Nice looking graphic.

Acasta said:
Agree with this
If Pierre says there is no room, I'd tell him to make room :p

Blitzer said:
Mushroom yeast? I'm also confused why it's called homebrew methods, there is not much about methods.

Also all your pictures are a word or two to indicate a step.. then for some reason adding sugar to a bottle is a sentence. If you want a word to indicate that step I suggest "Priming".
About the Mushroom yeast, it's true ! Maybe we would have to find another "icon" to represent yeast. An idea ?

Thanks for suggest about "Suggar is added". I will tell to the designer.

warra48 said:
Are you missing a mashing step before the production of malt extract?

Nice looking graphic.
You agree warra ! Maybe, Pierre does not want repeat mash step, I don't know. I will ask him.

Acasta said:
Pretty cool though! Well presented. :D

It's a good comment !

However, when you brew with kits, we have to heat up it before you add it to watter. In order to simplify, we stayed boiled for kits.

Latest posts

Back