Infected Hein !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughyg

Reaction score
Well I never though the most infected beer I have ever had would be at a pub. But..... Today I went to a to pub and a non brewing mate came up to me and asked me to taste the beer he had brought as it did taste right. Well he was right. It was absolutly putrid. It was a heinekien (sp ??) that was so incredibly corny and rank. It was like a brew that I ( ashamedly) did lately that was tipped out onto he garden! To make it worse we wnt to the bar maid to try and get it swapped for a pint of something else but she looked at us blankly and said "it tastes like beer to me!"

Is there some sort of Hoteliers Association in SA you could complain to? Maybe threaten a visit from the Public Health. Or better still name and shame the pub to Lion Nathan - I'm sure they have a quality department in the same way that Tip Top etc have a line where you can report mouldy bread. Might send your mate a slab. or even better, half a slab :rolleyes:

Definitely worth taking back. Had an off Cascade light years ago. Took it back, told the bargirl it tastes rank, she had a taste and the look on her face was priceless. I got a new beer of course, but yeah, it's all up to the discretion of who's behind the bar at the time.

Dirty lines I would say.

cheers

Darren

absolutely the most likely cause, but you'd think that the barmaid would know enough to swap the pint for something else to try and keep their customer's happy. Trouble with most bar staff these days is that if it looks vaguely beer coloured with a bit of froth on top they'd say it was fine!! :rolleyes:

Trouble with most bar staff these days is that if it looks vaguely beer coloured with a bit of froth on top they'd say it was fine!! :rolleyes:

That's the target for some breweries too but don't forget, it must be alcoholic!

Latest posts

Back