Inaugral Queensland Home Brewing Conference - November 5

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 WEEKS TO GO!

A reminder - 3 weeks to purchase your tickets for the Queensland Homebrewing Conference. We are now ordering the freebies and QHC products that we will be handing out. I would hate to not have enough to cover late registrations!

FREEBIES!!! :eek:
Bintani has just confirmed they will be providing a LARGE door prize for the day - a mix of malt, hops, extracts and yeasts. Other freebies will include 5 registrations for Beer Smith 2, Hops, 6 packs of craft beers from new beer venue Bitter Suite at New Farm and the Yamanto Tavern, beer glasses, Brewers Choice Vouchers, a free consultation with Costa Nickias (Consulting speaking at our Going Commercial session), and we are still working on Whitelabs for something special as well.

MORE BEER
I forgot to include in the above list of the beers we will be consuming, the four beers brewed as part of the System Wars - the brew-off last Saturday went brilliantly and the beers should be excellent. Your job during the lunch break at the Conference will be to taste all four beers and vote on your favourite. Hopefully, we will also have some more beers finalised this week, so there should be plenty of beer right through the day. (You will need plenty to soak up all the great free food that is being provided at each break!)

ANOTHER SPECIAL BEER (or two!)
Saturday also saw Brisbane Brewhouse brewer, Johann Van Der Walt and Sim Bonetti (Brewers Choice - Enoggera Store Manager) doing a collaborative brew, to produce a cracking Wit beer for the conference. And to round out a busy weekend, Tony Brown has also put down his award-winning APA in time for the Beer and Food Matching Dinner - should go great with the Pork belly!

So don't delay buying tickets - available at the official website - www.theqhc.com.au

EVEN MORE FREEBIES!! :eek:

Have spoken to Whitelabs Yeasts and Hop Products Australia today - freebies will now include 10kg of hops and some special flowers to try, from HPA; and Whitelabs are bringing over their new "San Diego Super Yeast" which they released at the US National Homebrewing Convention this year. As well as some free yeasts, there will be a book or two by Chris White on yeast and fermentation going to worthy winners. We will also be selling the rest of the SD Super yeast vials during the Conference at very good prices.

So book your tickets on www.theqhc.com.au and see you there.

I'm looking forward to sharing both my beers with everyone at the conference.

There will be free samples of 4 Degrees Pale Ale and Summer Wheat for all to try. :icon_chickcheers:

I'll also be sharing my exeperiences on launching my beers via contract brewing at one of the sessions.

See you there!

Hmmm, this has snuck up on me, I'll have to grab my tickets next week.
Can't have Wade giving away free drinks and not be there :icon_cheers:

Hmmm, this has snuck up on me, I'll have to grab my tickets next week.
Can't have Wade giving away free drinks and not be there :icon_cheers:

haha....not just me giving away free drinks. Quite a few others too.

I'm pretty sure in every break there will be beers to sample......

I'm going to both the dinner and the conference. I'm really looking forward to it.

Even better, SWMBO paid for the tickets.

Can you purchase at the door or do you have to pre-book?

I know what it's like.........both hair and organising shit.......I'm red hot to go but with work I'm not sure I am a definite and I don't want to blow the bucks........I'm a tight ******* I suppose.

About time to start bumping this on a regular basis. I've just bought my ticket for the day and note:

Site deficiencies: you have to register with a user name and password to get in and then buy tickets so be prepared to sit down for 15 mins first.

No indication of when doors are open or what the times of the various sessions / lunch break etc are. So what train do I need to be on? If the times are now known then some indications would be welcome.

Hows a bit of a Google map or whatever to show us the exact location. I have no idea where the Southbank Institute is - Used to be at Kangaroo Point when I was a student.

Note, for those not regularly using trains, South Brisbane Station is closed for renovations from October 31st so an indication of where the venue is from Southbank Station and what buses pass by would be more than welcome as I'm sure many would prefer to give it a nudge on the day and not drive.

Not whingeing, just hoping the site will be a bit more user friendly to encourage greater attendance. :icon_cheers:

About time to start bumping this on a regular basis. I've just bought my ticket for the day and note:

Site deficiencies: you have to register with a user name and password to get in and then buy tickets so be prepared to sit down for 15 mins first.

No indication of when doors are open or what the times of the various sessions / lunch break etc are. So what train do I need to be on? If the times are now known then some indications would be welcome.

Hows a bit of a Google map or whatever to show us the exact location. I have no idea where the Southbank Institute is - Used to be at Kangaroo Point when I was a student.

Note, for those not regularly using trains, South Brisbane Station is closed for renovations from October 31st so an indication of where the venue is from Southbank Station and what buses pass by would be more than welcome as I'm sure many would prefer to give it a nudge on the day and not drive.

Not whingeing, just hoping the site will be a bit more user friendly to encourage greater attendance. :icon_cheers:

I'm sure the organisers will be happy to take on your feedback.

It's the first year so the more feedback we can give now the better it can be for this year and future years.

It's very important for everyone to come out and support the conference and ensure it becomes a yearly event.

Bribie ,I just looked at the southbank institute of technology web site and they say the address is 66 Ernest Street South Brisbane. It also says this on my ticket email,it also says that it opens at 9 am. I cant answer any more questions because I dont know either.
Hope this helps. :)

Ads.

Booked our tickets last week. Super excited.

Booked our tickets last week. Super excited.
I would definitely be coming to this if I wasn't shooting a wedding that day. Hopefully it is a success and will be repeated next year.

I would definitely be coming to this if I wasn't shooting a wedding that day. Hopefully it is a success and will be repeated next year.

Going postal Bonj?

Bribie, its about equidistant from either station, have a look on google maps or this map. Plenty of other options ie. de-train at central and bus from myer centre etc.

All ticketed up here, really looking forward to a great time with all the SE QLD Brewers.

-BD

Looking forward to seeing the talent - especially Chris White and AndrewQLD demistifying Beermith 2 - will there be a Bundy contingent coming down?

Going postal Bonj?

Bribie, its about equidistant from either station, have a look on google maps or this map. Plenty of other options ie. de-train at central and bus from myer centre etc.

I used the word equidistant this morning when I was talking to a sparky installing some downlights (fire starters). His apprentice required an interpreter..

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback, its really useful.

There is a Google map on the QHC website - go to the Conference tab, then select "Where are the venues?". In the Conference section, you will see the map and instructions on how to find us.

Thanks for the heads up about South Brisbane Station closing - how can you close a major train station???? Will check this out today. I looked at getting buses on the transport details, but given there are so many coming from different directions, it would have been a long list!

You can buy tickets simply by clicking on the Buy Ticket box on the right hand side. No need to log into the website. We will see about removing the log in box today and replacing it with another copy of the google map.

It will be possible to attend the conference and buy a ticket on the day, though this will add to grey hairs and stress!!! I don't think we can do dinner on the day though - the restaurant will murder us if we do that, as the meals are being specially cooked for the night.

Keep bumping and talking please - the more that come, the more freebies we can organise.

See you there!

Latest posts

Back