I'm A Bad Naughty Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk

Reaction score
well, looks around..

*ahem*, i'm sorry everyone, i've been a bad bad boy and haven't posted here in way to long and haven't brewed in many many months.

it good to see some of the old names around and good to see so many new names here !

and yes i must confess, i have brewed again and just put in an order for some more grain, nothing like getting back in the deepend !

lets hope i remember how to do it :p

:beer:

I don't have a fermentation fridge and it is now too warm to ferment without the ice block regime. I have a stock of beer but have stopped brewing until maybe easter. I will loose interest until then and not post much.

I will forgive you brother. Please forgive me next Easter.

done and done :)

as for hot weather brewing i used one of these babies for about 12-18 months up here in darwin. i couldn't brew lagers in it but i could get some good ales out of it.

it would keep things around 24c while it was a loving 34c+ out side.

Son of Chiller

i used the foam that car batteries get shipped on and a thermostat from jaycar (and some wire lying around) and it made temp control much easier.

2 ice milk jugs in the morning and when i got home from work.

sorry if you already do something along these lines, just chucking out something i use to do for hot temps up this way.

I don't have a fermentation fridge and it is now too warm to ferment without the ice block regime. I have a stock of beer but have stopped brewing until maybe easter. I will loose interest until then and not post much.

I will forgive you brother. Please forgive me next Easter.

You need to start brewing Saisons because the speciality yeasts work best at the higher temps (the wyeast site mentions up to 35 deg C).

Style guideline

Whitelabs Link

Wyeast link

Welcome back, Bonk.
I was actually gonna PM ya the other day for yer address to see if I could post ya another brew (I think the last one may have suffered from a now eradicated house infection - they are better now, honest!). Rukh is right, get into the saisons, they will ferment up to 35C without fusels, you could probably brew them year round in darwin. Only problem is they can take up to a manth in primary. Good to see that ya have grain on the way, and yer back into it. I am fairly sure that it is like riding a bicycle - if ya need any advice, feel free to PM me ;)
All the best
Trent

hmmm, i might have a look at the one and see what i can see

thanks for the tip !

Latest posts

Back