Ideas Please - 3 Empty Fermentors.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have a 70litre pot and a burner , get an esky mash tun my friend and move to the dark side

Or even better get some swiss Voile and get a bag made :)

Yeastie, with that much empty fermenter space, you better join Australia's Bigest Brew Day this weekend and fill them all. Only costs $5 to enter. My goodness!

I reckon grab a copy of Brewing Classic Styles and brew some extract brews from that.

Oh, hold on, I just saw you have a 70lt pot! Why aren't you doing BIAB? You can get a double batch from that pot. It is actually the kettle I use.

I think I can actually hear your pot begging to go all-grain!

:D

PP

Like the man said :super:

Froi gras and roux are totally different things.... anybody got a spare duck!

Everybody is different though, I found All Grain alot easier then extract brewing BUT maybe it has being the journey of all grain and understanding a little more each time!

1. Yes I know. It's more about the complexity of steps/processes. I could have said beer batter and beef jus (I know they're quite different as well).

2. AG was probably easier BECAUSE you'd been extract brewing and learning how to do things better. Apart from a silly accident resulting in the loss of 8 L of wort, I found my first (and currently only) AG a breeze compared to my partials. Without going through the processes of kit, kit and bit, extract and partial (and stuffing everything up along the way) I possibly wouldn't have found it easy and I certainly wouldn't have been able to enjoy the improvement each step has given to my beer.

It also helped that I built myself (actually still building) a mash tun of 26 L rather than trying to mash in a 10 L and 5 L esky and get the liquid out by spooning into a strainer. Trying to be lateral thinking when you can't afford much is one thing but I made a hell of a lot of work for myself. Once I get a 30 L stock pot and either a burner or my wood barbecue properly set-up, the whole thing should be a breeze.

Back