I'd Like To Join An All Grain Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannibal Smurf

Reaction score
I'm reasonably new to the forums and looking at getting into AG brewing. I was wondering if any locals (Gold Coast) would mind me sitting in on a brew and if anyone is planning one before xmas?

Thanks in advance

No worries Cannibal me & the missus + family (2 boys) are comming over to stay with ya for the cyclone season hope you have room. Filthy surf, the land of the right handers & when it goes flat we can brew our hearts out, currumbin alley ales. Have you got you"re gear or do I need to bring over my rig for the brews? lol sorry mate but that would be a dream come true what a holiday. Hope you hook up with a brew day,thats what I did it certainly helps.

Hey Cannibal - I'm in Springfield Lakes....not exactly 'local' but will be brewing in the next week or two... You're more than welcome....may be an idea to get a lift tho :p

Cheers

Do you consider Everton Park as close?( a few kegs need filling prior to Campbell turning up :p )

If I'm not the choice and Perry is.... I'll be in that too! Moving again next month (far away this time!!) so need to get as many social events in as possible! Promise to say out of the pool this time Winkle :p

Guess I'll need to refurbish the glasses stock too....hmmm....... :ph34r:

Hell, I'll bring my gear around and we'll make it a super-mega-double-batch-but-in-single-vessels-and-not-the-same-beer-brew-day............

:D

I'm reasonably new to the forums and looking at getting into AG brewing. I was wondering if any locals (Gold Coast) would mind me sitting in on a brew and if anyone is planning one before xmas?

Thanks in advance
Great work CS, for starting this thread.

I'd like to see an ongoing role here for anyone trying to hook up with an all-grain brew day, both for host and prospective or neophyte AG brewers.

With a little support and encouragement, this thread can take it's place alongside the other great ongoing threads, such as "What are you brewing", "eBay" and "What's in the Glass".

Beerz
Les

I would like to agree with Les. Great idea for a topic.

Anyone in the Macarthur area that wants to do an AG batch don't hesitate to get in contact with us. Between myself and the other MALE guys we will always be able to do something, maybe even brew some beer :p

kabooby :)

I'll be doing my first AG (Brew in a bag) Next Thursday and will post a comprehensive series of photos linked from the BIAB thread so you can perve on me from a distance. Actually depending on what part of the coast you are, Bribie is only about 90 mins run (that's what it takes us to get to the Tugun Bypass when we drive down to Sydney). I'll be doing a brew 20 Dec. as well from about lunchtime as I have the day off work and hopefully FatGodzilla-on-holiday and the Big Burper will be dropping in for a pint that afternoon as well.

im in macarthur and wouldnt mind a sticky beak some time. although im scared it wont be as hard as i thought and ill end up with another expensive and time consuming hobby :)

im in macarthur and wouldnt mind a sticky beak some time. although im scared it wont be as hard as i thought and ill end up with another expensive and time consuming hobby

There is quite a few guys out your way????

expensive and consuming but all fun.... it also keeps you at home and its a very safe hobby... just watch the boil overs.

Hey Cannibal - I'm in Springfield Lakes....not exactly 'local' but will be brewing in the next week or two... You're more than welcome....may be an idea to get a lift tho :p

Cheers
Sounds good Nick, I'll get a lift with Sober Smurf, lol :D
How's Sat 13th sound to you? I can do weekdays ATM if that's any good for you, but i can't do Sunday 14th or this weekend.
PM me your details and we'll take it from there.

Do you consider Everton Park as close?( a few kegs need filling prior to Campbell turning up :p )
Maybe a little out of the way, but PM me when you have a date set and I'll see if I can make it?

Great work CS, for starting this thread.
I'd like to see an ongoing role here for anyone trying to hook up with an all-grain brew day, both for host and prospective or neophyte AG brewers.

With a little support and encouragement, this thread can take it's place alongside the other great ongoing threads, such as "What are you brewing", "eBay" and "What's in the Glass".

Beerz
Les
As much as I'd love to take credit for the idea.. I have the thank Batz for suggesting I start the thread. I do however agree that it could go on to be a great thread for newbs and will benefit the HB community.

I'll be doing my first AG (Brew in a bag) Next Thursday and will post a comprehensive series of photos linked from the BIAB thread so you can perve on me from a distance. Actually depending on what part of the coast you are, Bribie is only about 90 mins run (that's what it takes us to get to the Tugun Bypass when we drive down to Sydney). I'll be doing a brew 20 Dec. as well from about lunchtime as I have the day off work and hopefully FatGodzilla-on-holiday and the Big Burper will be dropping in for a pint that afternoon as well.
20 Dec I'll be down in Sydney so can't make that one. Next Thursday, however, is a distinct possibility... I'll let you know. Might bring a video camera and we can make a BIAB DIY instructional?

I'm having a brew day this Saturday, I'm at Heritage Park about 20 minutes from Southport, if your interested.

Cheer

There used to be lots of Gold Coast brewers posting on this forum during the Pistolpatch\Zizzle years. Where are they now? :(
How many have turned up at Brisbane brewdays, bulk buys, etc in the last 18 months?

TP :beer:

I'm having a brew day this Saturday, I'm at Heritage Park about 20 minutes from Southport, if your interested.
Love to, but I'll be driving back from Sydney on Saturday ;) oh well! . . .. could leave Friday night and drive through the night but doubt I'd make it through the brewday. Next time for sure

There is quite a few guys out your way????

expensive and consuming but all fun.... it also keeps you at home and its a very safe hobby... just watch the boil overs.

yeah judging by these forums there are a few!

im cash and time poor as it is with cars, bikes golf etc. barely enough time for K&K. thats not to say that it probably wont happen eventually.

Love to, but I'll be driving back from Sydney on Saturday ;) oh well! . . .. could leave Friday night and drive through the night but doubt I'd make it through the brewday. Next time for sure
I'm also going to attempt to do a double brew day on Sunday (got to bulid up stock for Xmas).

I'll be doing the following brews over the weekend :-

APA
IPA
Wheat

I still haven't decided which one to do alone on Saturday as yet.

Cheers

im in macarthur and wouldnt mind a sticky beak some time. although im scared it wont be as hard as i thought and ill end up with another expensive and time consuming hobby :)

Not hard at all, can be expensive though but I guess it's all relative.

I'll make sure I put up a post before my next brew day. Don't think I will get a chance before xmas though :(

kabooby :)

I'm also going to attempt to do a double brew day on Sunday (got to bulid up stock for Xmas).
Hmmm, 2 simultaneous brews (ie. mash the second while you boil the first) or complete one after the other?
I have to go to Byron Sunday morning, but I could leave early and be back up your way by lunch...

Hmmm, 2 simultaneous brews (ie. mash the second while you boil the first) or complete one after the other?
I have to go to Byron Sunday morning, but I could leave early and be back up your way by lunch...

The plan is to have one mashing while the other is boiling.

Cheers

Sounds good Nick, I'll get a lift with Sober Smurf, lol :D
How's Sat 13th sound to you? I can do weekdays ATM if that's any good for you, but i can't do Sunday 14th or this weekend.
PM me your details and we'll take it from there.

Hmm, working the 13th unfortunately.....

Cheers

Back