I Won A Bmw Without Entering? Really?! Wow

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BjornJ

Reaction score
Every now and then I get the odd email from someone in Africa wanting to share with me a part of X trillion dollars if I could only send them my bank details :D

Last week I got one from "DHL Express Postage desk" where someone had sent me a bankier check for 400 million dollars or something and they were uncomfortable carrying that big checks so could I please send them my bank details and name/address..

Today I got this little jewel from "BMW"
I have won a BMW car. ....... without entering a competition!
Wow, I must be the luckiest immigrant on here.

10_10_2011_9_10_33_AM.png

How awesome is that :)

Maybe we could start our own little spam trolling thread on here?
We'll reply to the spammers and see how much time we could waste before they realised we actually do not want the free concept car OR the 750,000 pounds, just to annoy them a bit.

Well, I replied.
Let's see if they go for it.

10_10_2011_9_30_29_AM.png

Follow this thread with interest as I tyoo won a BMW and 750,000

Cheers
Chris

I was having a really shitty day right up until now.

it's not over yet!!

This time the email is from the "courier company" where my car and price check is ready for dispatch!!
I am so excited, imagine that beautiful check humming on some desk somewhere, all 750,000 pounds of it.
The claim they have taken delivery of the car and check and ...

and...

and...

there's only one, tiny little snag.
As the check is insured at face value they can't really deduct the courier charges from the prize.

To get the car and the check, the only thing I have to do is pay the courier charge.

To be fair there are two options.
Express delivery and have the car and check within 24 hours, or the economy delivery where the car takes 48 hours from the UK to Sydney :)

Hmmm... which one will I take?

stay tuned for more.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

But there's no question of credit card or anything.

Or comment on that my email is [email protected] but my name in the text is someone they should look to for career advice when the scamming is not going their way.

Well, that means we get to do it again!

:lol:

thanks
Bjorn

Just for fun I ran a whois on the domain name the emails are going to this time.

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

the domain belongs a Mr Daniel Starcher in Chicago, USA.
It even lists his phone number..
Hmm.

Nah, I'll email.

The number is +1.6145962441
Just saying ;)

Thats strange that its from America normally these things come from Africa. keep em going this looks like its gonna be funny.

I won one as well.

Maybe you, me, TasChrid and WarmBeer could all combine shipping to make it a bit cheaper?

Would be funny if you can spam him back. Like, tell him you need him to put a seed deposit in a paypal account of a few hundred bux for it to be authorized for international transfers as you don't like to give out the banking details themselves out but the bank has assured that they will authorize a payment through Paypal if only Paypal could give a receipt of funds from a foreign source, showing it's not a one way money laundering transaction.

lol Man tikle, that'd be one massive shopping cart :p

I won one as well.

Maybe you, me, TasChrid and WarmBeer could all combine shipping to make it a bit cheaper?
I think there is something dodgy going on what are the chances of three of us winning first prize?

Should this thread be in the bulk buy forum

Cheers
Chris

I'd say there's probably several thousand of us rather than three on the brewing forum.

BMW are very, very generous.

Got a new email back twice this morning.

asking me to pay to a Mrs Helena Booker in the UK.

11_10_2011_11_11_17_AM.png

11_10_2011_11_11_37_AM.png

And, the courier company has added me on facebook so we can talk about the charges :lol:

I didn't accept the request on facebook by the way.

11_10_2011_11_13_24_AM.png

Now what funny could we send back?
I like the idea of asking them to pay something on paypal to verify their identity. could that work?

11_10_2011_11_58_56_AM.png

I took Practicalfool's advice and asked them to send me $10 on paypal to prove it is all real.

What do I do if they send me the money?
Take a picture of me at Lord Nelson enjoying a pint of porter on their dime and send by email?

Latest posts

Back