I think I have pissed off the home brew beer gods

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopsomulous

Reaction score
I think I have pissed off the home brew beer gods.

It started yesterday, when I picked up my BB grain order and some other items. Got home and realised that I didn't grab some of the spec grains I had ordered. No biggie. Spoke to the LHBS and that has been sorted.

Anyhow, today i brewed a DMaSH lager (pilsner and carabohemian malts with Saaz hops). All going well, mash worked a treat and then bang, no power during sparging. Turns out i forgot to turn off my heating element in the HLT and it overheated and shorted. Turned everything off, reset the RCD in the switchboard and we are back in business. As I was planning on brewing again on Monday, I now have to get a new element for my HLT.

The rest of the brew went smoothly, and at flame out I packed up the remainder of my gear. As I was walking back into the house with some washing, I drop my glass measuring cylinder on the floor and it smashes everywhere. At this point, i got a glass and went to my keg fridge and had a home brew :D.

On the plus side i managed to cube my brew successfully and hit my targets so it wasn't a totally bad day.

As I would prefer not to have a repeat of these incidents on Monday for my next brew, does anyone know how many goats I need to sacrifice to appease the home brew gods?

You must've tip out some beer recently, I'd say :lol:

Latest posts

Back