• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

I Need Bottles If Anyone Is Getting Rid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acasta

Bro Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im starting to expand and need a big bunch of bottles. Ive been to the pub and gotten their empties but i would like to get some long necks to half cleaning.
I figured i'd just put this up and next time someone decides to get rid of their bottles maybe think of me and PM so i can come grab them.
Thanks

Hi everyone,
Im starting to expand and need a big bunch of bottles. Ive been to the pub and gotten their empties but i would like to get some long necks to half cleaning.
I figured i'd just put this up and next time someone decides to get rid of their bottles maybe think of me and PM so i can come grab them.
Thanks
go to the upcoming comps (like vicbrew) and collect empties post comp. they just get chucked.
also try function venues.

Hi everyone,
Thanks

Or buy a case of coopers and invite your friends around for a barbecue.

I get rid of some regularly enough (have a supply) - I advertise in this thread: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...showtopic=42746

None spare at the moment but keep an eye on it as I reckon I'm due for some soonish.

What's half cleaning?

If you dont have a whole lot of dignity like me, just go for a walk around your block on bin night. If your neighborhood is anything like mine, you're bound to come across a bin full of longnecks.

If you have a local recycling depot it's also a good place to look - if you ask nicely or bribe with a bottle of beer they can even put some aside for you.

Half cleaning refers to time haha. ie, half cleaning time.
Yeah ill have to start looking around but longies are more rare.

I have quite a few 500ml swing top bottles I do not need and you are welcome to. Only issue is they are an hour south west of melbourne.

I have quite a few 500ml swing top bottles I do not need and you are welcome to. Only issue is they are an hour south west of melbourne.
Whats the suburb and the quantity? No means to be picks, but i don't wanna travel halfway accross vic :p

Half cleaning refers to time haha. ie, half cleaning time.
Yeah ill have to start looking around but longies are more rare.

Halve cleaning time?

Half cleaning is unlikely to be a good idea.

In unrelated news my tax return landed today so I'll be the proud owner of some kegs once I get. around to going & picking them up. I'll almost certainly have some bottles available in Adelaide some time soon.

Hi everyone,
Thanks

Last time I was at Greensborough Home Brew shop he had a lot of long necks, the old ones with the really thick glass.

Halve cleaning time?

Half cleaning is unlikely to be a good idea.

In unrelated news my tax return landed today so I'll be the proud owner of some kegs once I get. around to going & picking them up. I'll almost certainly have some bottles available in Adelaide some time soon.
Why is this not a good idea, half the bottles take half the time, not less quality.

That was me being pedantic (encouraged by Manticle). In the original post you said half cleaning but (I'm assuming) meant halve cleaning time.

I definitely prefer longnecks for that reason. I only really bottle stubbies so that if I'm giving beer away I'm giving half as much away.

Last time I was at Greensborough Home Brew shop he had a lot of long necks, the old ones with the really thick glass.
They r for sale. Dave always has bottles for sale.

Stubbies are silly. Twice as much time bottling, twice as many bottle caps, twice as much cleaning etc etc. Go longnecks... Go kegs. Just giant longnecks!

Stubbies are silly.

I've always thought this but bottled some stubbies as giveaways anyway (pretending for a second that even if I do happen to make a decent beer that anyone I know would want to drink it) and what I've come to notice is that (with my recipes on my gear, blah blah blah) is that as the longies are starting to fade the stubbies are hitting their straps. Will always do up to a quarter of a batch in stubbies now.

Yes cleaning and bottling sucks arse but it's handy to have your prescription in single doses.

Hey acasta ive got about 100+ longnecks you can have free of charge in rosanna mate pm me if you want them

Latest posts

Back