I Don't Know What Language This Recipe Is In

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm... sounds like the way Homer implied it to be like. I got the link from snpp.com's mailing list, and the only info the person said was that each beer tasted different because of the flavour balance.

It's Icelandic.

Try this (although these automatic translators are pretty unreliable, and at best give you only a general sense of what's meant).

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_onli...&to=English

In fact I just ran the first paragraph through this and here 'tis...

"Skittlebru is potion whom suit especially well pay lip service to anniversary , New Year resolution or similarly segmental arsem rejoicing and lightness is into fyrirrmi. Skittlebru is them qualitative charismatic snuggle up to none tv gls snuggle up to skittlebru are ;a) venga different flavour with different lituum skittles spherical."

I think you need a translator for the translator.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's Icelandish. Looks like he just mixed some skittles into a glass of Lowenbrau.

Til a blanda skittlebru arf eina ds (ea flsku) af Lwenbru Original og nokkur Skittles. Ngjanlegt er a setja ca. 20 klur af skittles hverja ds annig a ltill poki af skittles dugar vel sem bland t heila kippu af Lwenbru. =
"To make up skittelbrau you use one can (or bottle) of Loewenbrau Original and some skittles. It is enough to put around 20 skittles in each can in such a way that a little bag of skittles is enough to mix up a whole pack of Lowenbrau."

Skl!
R.

Dude...his skin has a yelowish tinge to it - seriously not good. I'm thinking he enjoys a little too much of his 'Skittlebru'. Also, I'm guessing it'd make a decent beer taste like tart-fuel [ie: premix].

Dude...his skin has a yelowish tinge to it - seriously not good. I'm thinking he enjoys a little too much of his 'Skittlebru'. Also, I'm guessing it'd make a decent beer taste like tart-fuel [ie: premix].

I'm having trouble working out if he is emptying or filling the glass, either way he doesn't look well.

This article about Skittlebrau also appeared in Zymurgy Mar/Apr 04 (attached)

while I acknowledge the scientific rigour and willingness to challenge, this just looks like a bad idea all round to me...

View attachment Skittlebrau.pdf

just brew a pale ale and forget the M&M beer

cheers

I think you need a translator for the translator.
Or perhaps he comes from the "Ebenezer" of Iceland :rolleyes:
Either way it's just tragic to do this to any beer, VB included. Better off adding a shot of vodka to your creaming soda!

Latest posts

Back