• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

I Am Looking For Hop Rhizomes In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejed

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for hop rhizomes if any one has an excess and wants to recycle.

Hi, I am looking for hop rhizomes if any one has an excess and wants to recycle.

Boston was selling some a month ago if i remember correctly... See if you can track him down and find out if he has any left...Also not sure if it's still good weather to be planting. I hear that late winter/early spring is ideal, but i've never gone ahead and tried to grow any so i'm sure someone else will have a better idea.

by the way, i love your dean martin quote/signature. I'm sure we've all held on to the lounge room rug/front yard lawn for dear life on more than one occasion!

mate your way too late. try asking around june next year.
if you were in sydney id say drop around and grab one of the potted one ive got sitting around.

mate your way too late. try asking around june next year.
if you were in sydney id say drop around and grab one of the potted one ive got sitting around.

cheers for that and thanks for the offer, but a little to far for some hops. I had an idea I was a bit late. thanks again :rolleyes:

I think its to late in the season mate but you might just sneak in due to the weather conditions in Adelaide at the moment.
I got mine from Boston and there doing great thanks to the rain/sun combo we've been having lately, i would P.M. him and see what he says.

This might just be your lucky day. Check your PMs bluejed. :)

If you are willing to go for a drive then i am sure i could pull out some sections of rhizomes from my weed like plants. Chinook, goldings and POR are a sure bet, the others are still a tad small to be separating.

Send me a PM, I'm in Mt Torrens.

I can dig up some decent shoots with roots from my Chinook easily also if need be.

cheers for that and thanks for the offer, but a little to far for some hops. I had an idea I was a bit late. thanks again :rolleyes:

You aren't too late.

Boston grabbed a few sections from my cascade on the weekend.

You wont get any flowers this season but next season you will. If you wait until next year and buy a small rhizome you aren't likely to get any flowers till the following year!

The offer to raid my plantation is still open - Link

Is it too early to be looking to get hold of some rhizomes yet? I'm interested to hear from anyone in Adelaide selling/giving away rhizomes.

Luke

Is it too early to be looking to get hold of some rhizomes yet? I'm interested to hear from anyone in Adelaide selling/giving away rhizomes.

Luke

Timing is perfect.

Here is a thread where i am selling rhizomes at the token price of $10 each - Link

Still plenty of chinook and POR left, Goldings are almost all gone.

Latest posts

Back