Hydrom

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G’day fellow brewers, I have just got a hydrom, fully charged the battery and that is as far as I can go, the red and green led comes on for about two seconds and then goes out, neither laptop or iPad can see the hydrom on the wifi page, wifi is working. I have emailed the manufacturer, still awaiting a reply. This unit is advertised as a simple 5 minute setup, what have I missed?? If there is a troubleshooting guide that might help but can’t find that either. Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

Thanks AT, had a look at that one but he didn’t go to any problems that might arise. I couldn’t get any further than 192.168.2.1 or the alternative address. The thing drove me nuts and I waved the white flag, a family member saw it sitting on the table with a hammer next to it and asked “what’s in the green box” so I told him the story and of course he laughed and took it over to the nearby laptop and started. He read the instructions (as had I) and off he went, after about 20 minutes he had the interface going so that was good. He had to go get his kids from school so Ubidots is yet to come. This thing might work very well, I hope so BUT what I can say is it is not an easy set up, the instructions are brief and leave out as much or more than they include and the troubleshooting guide isn’t worth the effort. I have since discovered Birallee beer and brewing website and their instructions are very helpful indeed. I did contact the maker of the device and he did reply which is good too, but he only asked me if I had read the instructions. I have had two brew days since I got this thing, I hope I can actually use it on the next one.

Glad you have it working.
Sometimes we need another’s eyes to interpret instructions.
I think there is instructions for Ubidots.
If you do a search on UTube there is an Aussie guy that does a couple of videos on them as well.
Most people claim they are very easy to set up.

Once the Hydrom is setup you will not see it on the wifi, when turned on the Blus(I think )light will flash and then it will send data to whatever you have it setup for. I found Brewersfriend easiest as it sets up as an Ispindel, Unidots was more complex, I also found that setting it at 30 mins was better than setting it at 15 mins. I did a couple od videos on it early on.

G’day fellow brewers, I have just got a hydrom, fully charged the battery and that is as far as I can go, the red and green led comes on for about two seconds and then goes out, neither laptop or iPad can see the hydrom on the wifi page, wifi is working. I have emailed the manufacturer, still awaiting a reply. This unit is advertised as a simple 5 minute setup, what have I missed?? If there is a troubleshooting guide that might help but can’t find that either. Any advice appreciated. Cheers.
Hi Dasher i have 2 of these and having same problem what suburb in sydney are you at i am in Penrith

Latest posts

Back