How's it goin' eh?!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCanadian

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here. I joined a few months ago but shortly after I took a break from homebrew (for no good reason any of you fellow brewers would deem acceptable I'm sure)... but I'm getting back into it now.

I started about 2 years ago with a simple kit set and I've slowly made my way up to the point where I'm at now. In 2 weeks I'll be doing my first All Grain!! Very exciting times, I know.

I've got most of the gear... basically everything except for the grains, hops and yeasts. In all my brews I've never really made a dud batch, but some have had some heavy floral flavours. I've read about all the reasons for this and I think I can safely attribute this to higher fermentation temperatures. I'll hopefully solve this by setting up an old fridge with a temp controller. We'll see though... there's a bit of testing to do yet.

Anyway, I was wondering if the Beer Gods out there might recommend some simple recipes to start. A recipe that includes a hearty yeast that isn't too sensitive would be great!

Thanks,
theCanadian

Welcome

Dr Smurto's golden ale in the DB is tried and tested. Uses US05 which is pretty forgiving and clean. Easy to use it as a base to play around with hops and / or spec grain as well

Sounds good! I picked up everything I need this past weekend and plan to do it on the weekend. Thanks for the advice!

Back